MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
DCC as standard was one of the reasons why chose the Cupra ST over Golf R...'VW' wanted another £800 for this option on the Golf.

Can't wait for mine...!!

Is there a noticeable difference between each setting?
Thre is yes, I test drove one a couple of months ago before i ordered, There is a real difference between each driving profile. My brother is jealous because he didnt get the Adaptive Dampners on his BMW and now he is stuck with M performance suspension that is a real boneshaker on the bumpy country lanes round our way.

Reactions: Nivster

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Exactly the same for me so that is really odd then? Maybe they found a small issue when they did the PDI and are sorting that out? Or they just don't want to go to Glasgow?! Very frustrating, hopefully you hear from them in the next day or two.

Just off the phone. They are claiming the dealer hasn’t provided them with a delivery slot. Had enough, raised a formal complaint and if it isn’t resolved to my satisfaction I’ll be taking it to their industry body. Not their fault Seat took a while to build them or get it out of the port but it’s now been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks and that is down to them.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
DCC as standard was one of the reasons why chose the Cupra ST over Golf R...'VW' wanted another £800 for this option on the Golf.

Can't wait for mine...!!

Is there a noticeable difference between each setting?

If you’re tuned in to these things then you’ll notice, yes.

Rather than CUPRA mode, I have set Individual to give me comfort suspension and normal steering, but full fat everything else.

I find this makes it a more cosseting ride which I just haven’t had in a car before. Even though I’ve had a number of 3’s and and 5, A4, C-Class and X1. The body control on this is far better than any of those.

Last edited:

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Out of interest, for those that have their cars, what additional security are people using? Disklock, Ghost or are the new motion sensing keys good enough?

Cheers.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Out of interest, for those that have their cars, what additional security are people using? Disklock, Ghost or are the new motion sensing keys good enough?

Cheers.

Where to start:

Disklok
Ghost (being installed tomorrow morning)
GPS tracker
Faraday pouches
Spare key in faraday pouch

Four Ring cameras
Double locked front gates
Patlock
Anti snap locks
House alarm
Driveway PIR monitors
London and Birmingham bars to wooden front door frame.

If you make it easy for them, they’ll exploit any oversight.

Are the new keys motion sensing then?? Hope so.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Okaay, think discklock and Ghost are on my to-do list. Think my house security is behind yours somewhat!!

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
In all honesty a faraday bag and a Disklok are probably all you need. Faraday to stop the keyless entry theft, Disklok’s not worth the time to grind off

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Where to start:

Disklok
Ghost (being installed tomorrow morning)
GPS tracker
Faraday pouches
Spare key in faraday pouch

Four Ring cameras
Double locked front gates
Patlock
Anti snap locks
House alarm
Driveway PIR monitors
London and Birmingham bars to wooden front door frame.

If you make it easy for them, they’ll exploit any oversight.

Are the new keys motion sensing then?? Hope so.
I understand Ghost, Disklok and house security as they are preventative but GPS trackers I don't understand as I'd never want my car recovered after it had been stolen. They don't prevent anything and just aid recovery.
As for the Faraday pouches, relay theft happens when the keys are left within their RF range of one of a two man theft team who fools the key into thinking it's near the car and amplifies the RF energy so it reaches the car. Not likely to happen anywhere other than at home where your keys are left by the door etc. Since 2018 SEAT have used a sleep mode in their keys so not sure the pouch is useful anymore. I'm yet to read about a theft of a Cupra that was using the relay method or a vulnerability in the keyless system but I've read about plenty of thefts using the stolen keys.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I was thinking the Autoghost and disklok or similar. Car will be in an alarmed garage over night with 2 bolt locks on and PIR’s, cameras, anti snap locks and 2 dogs that bark at a leaf falling off a tree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I was thinking the Autoghost and disklok or similar. Car will be in an alarmed garage over night with 2 bolt locks on and PIR’s, cameras, anti snap locks and 2 dogs that bark at a leaf falling off a tree!!

I have two big black labs that look and sound scary but as soon as you walk through the gate all the younger and bigger one wants is pats and cuddles. Massive softy.

Attachments

• 22BF3ECB-97B1-428C-B8BB-30A47A4DA628.jpeg
    22BF3ECB-97B1-428C-B8BB-30A47A4DA628.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
but GPS trackers I don't understand as I'd never want my car recovered after it had been stolen.

True to an extent. But if they took the keys and drove it slowly and quietly and parked it up 2 streets away and left it there (to see if it has a tracker). Would you be happy to have it back then? This happened to a guy at work. His car was literally parked two streets away (no damage inside or out).

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
My tracker was £40 plus a Sim so I think it’s worth the small outlay for added peace of mind. I can also see where my wife is and vice versa at any given point which we both quite like

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
Hi all,

My car is being built as we speak (finally). However I know there is still a while to go. I have looked at the ship schedules in December and I am just wondering the likeliness of my car getting on any of these after being built. 7th and 15th December seem to be the ones I would expect to see the car on. From reading some of these posts though that may not be the case!

Any comments would be appreciated.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Hi all,

My car is being built as we speak (finally). However I know there is still a while to go. I have looked at the ship schedules in December and I am just wondering the likeliness of my car getting on any of these after being built. 7th and 15th December seem to be the ones I would expect to see the car on. From reading some of these posts though that may not be the case!

Any comments would be appreciated.

It’s a complete guessing game. Seat have zero control over the order on which the cars are put on the ships. Mine has missed 2 ships now.

I’m hoping that it gets on the Pegasus Ace which is docking in Barcelona today. If it does then that’ll be a 5 week wait from the BW.

Then it’s another waiting game for transport from the uk docks to the dealership.

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
It’s a complete guessing game. Seat have zero control over the order on which the cars are put on the ships. Mine has missed 2 ships now.

I’m hoping that it gets on the Pegasus Ace which is docking in Barcelona today. If it does then that’ll be a 5 week wait from the BW.

Then it’s another waiting game for transport from the uk docks to the dealership.

Wow that’s ridiculous. It does seem random as I’ve just read that some people’s have gone straight from the build week onto the ships! Strange. I’m just thinking with the Christmas period approaching I may well be waiting until after Christmas!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Wow that’s ridiculous. It does seem random as I’ve just read that some people’s have gone straight from the build week onto the ships! Strange. I’m just thinking with the Christmas period approaching I may well be waiting until after Christmas!

It depends on when in the week your car is built as they have to carry out post build quality checks. So if it’s built beginning of the week then chances are the quality checks will be done that week. Whereas if it’s built end of week then the quality checks will spill over into the next week like they did with mine.

Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.