MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
I ordered start of October they have now said it should be with the dealer by 10th of January but I cannot see me getting it till end of Jan start of feb
Yea agree with you tbh.

Mines sitting in an unconfirmed build and been like that for weeks.

Ollie

Jul 26, 2019
Ordered 12th July, arrived at dealers around 5 days ago, going in Tuesday to finalise finance docs and then should be collecting week after!! Hooray!

New Cupra Lux in Nevada White hatchback.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
I ordered Sept 2nd, standard Cupra not Lux. Got a date to dealership on Nov 2nd then it changed to yesterday Dec 2nd but guess what it changed yesterday to Dec 21st so won't see it till new year probably which is great when you don't have a car, last Cupra was stolen. I've ordered it through Nationwide who said delivery for November so I've sent them a nice complaint email

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Yea agree with you tbh.

Mines sitting in an unconfirmed build and been like that for weeks.
It’s all random I ordered July 10th and looks
Like me and Levo on par yet nearly 3months apart.

and as you see above white hatch lux ready for pick up ! You sir win the race when we see pictures ! And we want loads and exhaust videos ! @Ollie

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
I ordered Sept 2nd, standard Cupra not Lux. Got a date to dealership on Nov 2nd then it changed to yesterday Dec 2nd but guess what it changed yesterday to Dec 21st so won't see it till new year probably which is great when you don't have a car, last Cupra was stolen. I've ordered it through Nationwide who said delivery for November so I've sent them a nice complaint email
Nationwide are useless. Doubt you will
Get a reply to any complaint.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
Just had an update from Seat as my car was supposed to be built in week commencing 18th November. Apparently there has been a fire at the production factory which has delayed builds by a few weeks. Has anyone else been notified of this or a delayed build around the same time as mine?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Just had an update from Seat as my car was supposed to be built in week commencing 18th November. Apparently there has been a fire at the production factory which has delayed builds by a few weeks. Has anyone else been notified of this or a delayed build around the same time as mine?
A fire and hailstone damage rumours. This sounds like they've had genuine issues but what's truth and what's rumour is anyone's guess.

Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

I haven't heard anything, but I imagine any of these updates would have been passed to forces cars who wouldn't want to break any bad news.

Here's an artcile detailing the issue. It look slike the supplier of the dashboards for the cars had a fire at their plant. Production line 2 and 3 which manufacture the leon were out of action from the 20th November to the 29th November. "Seat have said that lost production would be recuperated over the coming weeks"

Not sure how they will manage that since the supplier was only delivering dashboards on a "just-in-time" basis before the fire.

Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I imagine they'll stop taking orders soon. They can catch up then. They won't be producing the old Cupra once they switch to the new shape Leon as surely they'll discontinue the production of the old shape.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
I ordered through Nationwide in June as they said an August delivery, my car was only delivered last week. No real apology from them, they just push the blame to everyone else. Hopefully you are lucky and it turns up before xmas as cars just seem to turn up randomly.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
I haven't heard anything, but I imagine any of these updates would have been passed to forces cars who wouldn't want to break any bad news.

Here's an artcile detailing the issue. It look slike the supplier of the dashboards for the cars had a fire at their plant. Production line 2 and 3 which manufacture the leon were out of action from the 20th November to the 29th November. "Seat have said that lost production would be recuperated over the coming weeks"

Not sure how they will manage that since the supplier was only delivering dashboards on a "just-in-time" basis before the fire.

Ahhh okay makes sense as to mine is delayed as that’s the time scale I expected mine to be completed within.Thank you for providing the link. Yes I feel like the lost production will take a lot more time than they think as everything was last minute.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019

For those affected by this, l feel for you. It’s so annoying waiting. They will get there though.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Its seriously furstrating, but what's another couple of weeks on an already 3 month wait.
Or longer ! tBH I don’t care anymore and I don’t need the car till April now I’m not getting by Dec which is when I needed it.

im hoping for delays so we get new plate as it’s annoying me will lose out on depreciation.

especially as above with new model coming out and lease cars being returned.

20 plate may be the last copra made or certainly last 2 and may hold better value in few years time as those are what people will want to buy if they want the older shape.

I say that because what I have seen I think the new shape and model is going to be desired by few compared to this one.It looks like a long fronted BMW inside and out

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Its seriously furstrating, but what's another couple of weeks on an already 3 month wait.

It really is!!! I'm hoping it's only another couple of weeks but I think I might start looking to see what else is out there. It shouldn't take this long to get a new car, it's getting ridiculous now.

I feel like I'm in a dysfunctional relationship

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.