MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Weird ..... on the Seat site and in a few other places it says including Kessy .... I've taken some screen shots so if mine comes without I will be asking for something as compensation for misleading advertising

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
WHY OH WHY would you want keyless technology..........

It's a performance car, say you where on the track and for what ever reason your DSG malfunctioned and kept you in gear. YOU HAVE NO KILL SWITCH.

Worse than the electronic handbrake idea. Great having no emergency brake when brake failure occurs

Pointless technology. More problems made than solved. Cupra have done you a favour in not giving it you.

Only last year there was an incident in which a persons DSG got stuck and had him traveling at 100mph. The phone call to the police he made went viral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Lol... not sure I do want it but if I don't have it its a negotiating point ..... do they all have push button start.... wasn't sure if that was part of the kessy system.... ?? And agree about the electronic handbrake.... I've got manual.... couple of reasons..... it was cheaper on lease deal so fell in my budget. And hate the fart sound... lol.... although may miss the extra acceleration......but hoping to get that more than back with decent sticky tyres

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Negotiation tool yeah. But seriously. **** the keyless technology. I'm running 382 Bhp on my cupra 290 and would hate the idea of not being able to kill it when I I've binned it or if it malfunctions.

It's like with this mk3 Rs I'm test driving this weekend, if I like it and want one I'm straight up not having there DSG on there first ever RS with the option to have it. Teething problems springs to mind

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
This is all new to me .... I've always had classics and modern classics ... my last car was an exceptional condition low mileage Corrado VR6.... think this is going to be a whole new interesting and hopefully fun experience.... will miss the sound of the vr though for sure

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
There a brilliant car and very surprising with power, the chassis holds well on corners.

Definitely worth spending £250 to take it on a track and insure it for £500. Seat in the past gave track days for free with sale

And if you get bored whip a high end map on it for around £700 with a 28 day money back guarantee and transform it into a beast

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
I have just ordered a 5 door Cupra 300 in midnight black.

I previously had a black FR so its a slightly boring choice but I wasnt sure about the blue as the pictures I have seen were mixed.

Guessing I am looking at may/june delivery?

Maybe the username wasnt a great idea! :D

Last edited:

GSmithCUPRA

Mar 28, 2016
Just got my build date today. Ordered Cupra 300 SC mid January and due to be built week 13 so should be here early/mid April. Can't wait, just will be without my 280 and a car full stop for 2 months! :cry:

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
WHY OH WHY would you want keyless technology..........

It's a performance car, say you where on the track and for what ever reason your DSG malfunctioned and kept you in gear. YOU HAVE NO KILL SWITCH.

Worse than the electronic handbrake idea. Great having no emergency brake when brake failure occurs

Pointless technology. More problems made than solved. Cupra have done you a favour in not giving it you.

Only last year there was an incident in which a persons DSG got stuck and had him traveling at 100mph. The phone call to the police he made went viral

I totally agree. There's so much useless technology in today's cars. Why consumers request things like keyless go, electronic handbrake, parking assist, adaptive cruise control, etc, etc, is completely behond me. It adds weight, increases power spend and thereby fuel consumption, adds to the already numerous things that can go wrong in a car, and costs! I can't see that needs are anything else than purely artificial, and created by cleaver vehicle manufacturers and marketing people who want to increase earnings. In any event, none of this should have a place in anything that has even the slightest sport ambition.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
The keyless entry/go is brilliant, got it on my wife's Clio and had it on my old Jag, it's annoying the Leon won't have it. It's one those things that once you've lived with you don't want to be without.

Leccy handbrake makes things easier too, think there's even an automatic function which sounds good.

Agree it's all more to go wrong a few years down the road, but it won't be my problem then.

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Doesn't it frustrate you also that you have to turn the steering wheel and push the accelerator and brake pedals (perhaps even one for clutch)? For me, the world is a strange place when people are so lazy they can't even bother to push a button and turn an ignition key and put a price on not having to in the range of hundreds or even thousands of sterling. I had keyless go too, once, but never will again.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Doesn't it frustrate you also that you have to turn the steering wheel and push the accelerator and brake pedals (perhaps even one for clutch)? For me, the world is a strange place when people are so lazy they can't even bother to push a button and turn an ignition key and put a price on not having to in the range of hundreds or even thousands of sterling. I had keyless go too, once, but never will again.
Thankfully we live in a world where everyone is different. Personally I wouldn't pay extra but if something is mentioned in the marketing I sort of expect it .... anyway .... more importantly I've just had an email confirming my 300 is now in port in the UK.... so just waiting for delivery date woohoo

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds

No, I like putting the key in my pocket in the house then never having to touch it again.

Never turn the wheel, just press the clutch and the start button and away you go.

It's more the not having to unlock it and put the key in that I like (lazy I know, but I like it) just kit enough to spend £275 on it!!

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
No, I like putting the key in my pocket in the house then never having to touch it again.

Never turn the wheel, just press the clutch and the start button and away you go.

It's more the not having to unlock it and put the key in that I like (lazy I know, but I like it) just kit enough to spend £275 on it!!

It never did bother me to have to use the key; but I also do see the advantage of the thing.
More special if one will carry the groceries, so no hand available to open. Would I spend
the amount for it ? - doubtfull I fear.

Can we expect now 2 reversing lights on the 300, or still just the (rather inadaquate) only one ?

LewJo

Jan 14, 2017
Wales
Little late posting this but I ordered my Cupra 300 5dr DSG in Desire red on Feb the 4th. Coming from an Octavia VRS TDI 4x4 (which I hate) so really looking forward to getting back into a rapid petrol!

Got a build week of 12 so dealer is hoping end of march but maybe first week of April!

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Little late posting this but I ordered my Cupra 300 5dr DSG in Desire red on Feb the 4th. Coming from an Octavia VRS TDI 4x4 (which I hate) so really looking forward to getting back into a rapid petrol!

Got a build week of 12 so dealer is hoping end of march but maybe first week of April!
I've been told delivery is roughly 4 weeks from end of build week

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members