MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
i have just had an update and the cupra i ordered has been made and is waiting to be shipped from Barcelona, how long does it?

Forgot to say, if you can get the name of the ship your car is on (my dealer got me that info), you can track your car's journey from Barcelona to wherever your nearest port is on marinetraffic.com. Took about 5 days for the journey if I remember correctly to Teesside

Seat bloke i spoke to said that you should add 4-5 weeks from the build week to give an idea of collection time.

cupraboys122000

Aug 13, 2017
Manchester
I have KESSI on mine and it has the wireless charging and Apple CarPlay etc. You would need a wireless charging case for your iPhone so for me it's a case of using a short black, lightning cable (10cm, Amazon have them for about £6 I think it was) and the phone just sits nice and neatly in the wireless charging tray in front of the gear lever, without a long white cable trailing everywhere. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the wireless charging capability also gives improved signal to the phone but I may be imagining that...

Thank you for the info.

Do you have a link for the wireless charger?

And do you have to use the cable for the apple car play, or do you have to put the phone on the tray and wirelessly it starts car play?

Last edited:

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Thank you for the info.

Do you have a link for the wireless charger?

And do you have to use the cable for the apple car play, or do you have to put the phone on the tray and wirelessly it starts car play?

I don’t have a wireless charger for mine yet (I’m waiting for one on Kickstarter that looks pretty good if it ever gets off the ground - search Fitcaze). I’m not sure about the wireless tray linking to CarPlay but do know you definitely need to plug a cable in to use CarPlay if you aren’t wirelessly charging i.e. it doesn’t work over Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Spoke with the dealer and my build week has been randomly brought forward from week 12 to week 9 2018. Still not expecting to see it before April though :cry:.

Snap, when i spoke to Seat last week it had moved forward from 11 to 9 without any explanation. Still a lead time of 38 weeks ish from date of order which is double their own estimate :rofl:

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Best colour best box

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i went for test drive with only that colour in mind but the car i drove was the blue which was tempting. I decided to stick to grey as always had dark cars and look inconspicuous hence maybe less of a temptation for societies great unwashed to nick it

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
i went for test drive with only that colour in mind but the car i drove was the blue which was tempting. I decided to stick to grey as always had dark cars and look inconspicuous hence maybe less of a temptation for societies great unwashed to nick it
Black/white always been best colours for cars but that greys like that best of both worlds and shows slightly less dirt and muck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Seen a few around South Yorkshire. Mainly ST’s in Mystery Blue and a few SC’s in Desire Red.

Nothing in the north east. plenty chavved up mk2 ones though but hey that s newcastle for you

arj7

Aug 25, 2017
I’ve never seen another 300 up here in the northeast- in fact any Mark 3 Cupra variant is rare up here it seems.

I've got to be honest before seeing this Cupra I had never considered a SEAT mainly because the interiors were awful. So I would always pick a Golf or similar over it, however the 300 interior is a much nicer place to be, and I think from the outside it looks fantastic.
I also like the fact there are so few cupras knocking about. On my journey to work every morning I see at least 5-10 Golf R's or S3

redreligion

May 21, 2009
Lincoln or Manchester
So, after getting an email reply from SEAT UK saying the Cupra R won't be available to order until the first half of 2018, and the matte grey colour won't be available to UK customers, I bit the bullet and ordered a Cupra 300 yesterday. The spec I went for is:

5 door
Monsoon Grey
Bucket seats
Nav System High + Sound System
Sunroof
Camera Pack
Side Skirts

If any of you are military types and considering ordering a Cupra 300, I got over £7k off the list price with Forces Cars Direct ;)

Just waiting on my delivery estimate now; end of January is when I need it for, but I think I might be waiting significantly longer judging by some of your estimates... :wtf: