MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
So, after getting an email reply from SEAT UK saying the Cupra R won't be available to order until the first half of 2018, and the matte grey colour won't be available to UK customers, I bit the bullet and ordered a Cupra 300 yesterday. The spec I went for is:

5 door

Monsoon Grey

Bucket seats

Nav System High + Sound System

Sunroof

Camera Pack

Side Skirts

If any of you are military types and considering ordering a Cupra 300, I got over £7k off the list price with Forces Cars Direct ;)

Just waiting on my delivery estimate now; end of January is when I need it for, but I think I might be waiting significantly longer judging by some of your estimates... :wtf:

Hate to say it but I think you will be very lucky. Ordered one myself a month ago and expecting it around April time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Bl00dy hell ! :wtf:

Just trying to tie down a provisional BW on my 20th August order as we speak ...

I'm the same, phoned the dealer and was told the factory has only been open a month. Emailed my sales guy and got "still on for early Jan. Any change I'll let you know".

Not the response I was hoping for.

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
I'm the same, phoned the dealer and was told the factory has only been open a month. Emailed my sales guy and got "still on for early Jan. Any change I'll let you know".

Not the response I was hoping for.
Andy. Email your supplying dealer for the order number
Then contact SEAT customer care who will let you know some sort of prov. BW

When I contacted them, before all the shenanigans in Catalonia, I was quoted -
'Unconfirmed build week of week 7, 2018, week commencing 12 February, but this date may come forward '
Expecting the date to move back not foreword now

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
So, after getting an email reply from SEAT UK saying the Cupra R won't be available to order until the first half of 2018, and the matte grey colour won't be available to UK customers, I bit the bullet and ordered a Cupra 300 yesterday. The spec I went for is:

5 door
Monsoon Grey
Bucket seats
Nav System High + Sound System
Sunroof
Camera Pack
Side Skirts

If any of you are military types and considering ordering a Cupra 300, I got over £7k off the list price with Forces Cars Direct ;)

Just waiting on my delivery estimate now; end of January is when I need it for, but I think I might be waiting significantly longer judging by some of your estimates... :wtf:

Think you made the right choice not waiting. Bit crap when a Ltd Edition comes along and you can't pick the colour you want. Not sure why they have done this.

Anyway congrats on your order and nice saving - over 20%

arj7

Aug 25, 2017
Does the manual version exhaust make 'pops' when a gear is changed like the DSG? Curious to know

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Does the manual version exhaust make 'pops' when a gear is changed like the DSG? Curious to know
No only DSG makes it.That is why its called DSG fart :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

liamleon

FRRR
Apr 26, 2017
Andy. Email your supplying dealer for the order number
Then contact SEAT customer care who will let you know some sort of prov. BW

When I contacted them, before all the shenanigans in Catalonia, I was quoted -
'Unconfirmed build week of week 7, 2018, week commencing 12 February, but this date may come forward '
Expecting the date to move back not foreword now

i ordered my cupra end of july and i have just spoke to customer care who said unconfirmed BW week 5 2018 :(. my dealer still says late december delivery im unsure how they get this conclusion.
i think i might wait until march for new plate if it does come december/jan

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
No only DSG makes it.That is why its called DSG fart :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I can get my manual to fart!! I found by complete chance, was in sport mode (mrs was in the car), dropped her off, then changed to Cupra, shifting between 2nd & 3rd gives off some lovely farts and pops. Immediately stops if you turn the engine off though.

arj7

Aug 25, 2017
I can get my manual to fart!! I found by complete chance, was in sport mode (mrs was in the car), dropped her off, then changed to Cupra, shifting between 2nd & 3rd gives off some lovely farts and pops. Immediately stops if you turn the engine off though.

Il give it a go when my car does eventually arrive!

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
i ordered my cupra end of july and i have just spoke to customer care who said unconfirmed BW week 5 2018 :(. my dealer still says late december delivery im unsure how they get this conclusion.
i think i might wait until march for new plate if it does come december/jan

I just spoke to Seat yesterday. they are helpful enough but order was mid july, still unconfirmed build week 9 of 2018. Mine is standard build

Last edited:

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Got an email confirming order from supplying dealer today for my cupra 300.

Nevada White
Seat Sound
Winter Pack
KISSY/Wireless charging

Estimated Delivery APRIL 2018

Last edited:

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Ordered mine on the 3rd July, 5dr, Nevada white, dsg, spoke to my dealer the other day and it's on the ship right now with expected pickup up the last few days if this month or beginning of November! I had expected it to be waaaaay longer than that so really happy!

Natalia

Aug 28, 2017
Finland
Greetings from Finland!

I have been lurking this forum for almost half a year, and now I finally felt like sharing my Cupra story with you guys, as the arrival of out new car is right around the corner.

Last spring my boyfriend got fed up for paying fixing his old car all the time. It was Passat CC with 3.6L engine with all the bells and whistles.* So one weekend he went for a tour to car dealers. His idea was to get reasonable priced new ride that would be as care free as possible. After the tour he brought bunch of leaflets to our place and when he introduced me some options, I also got kind of excited about idea of getting my first own car now. Then we realised that if we bought the car together, we could choose the vehicle from bit higher price range.

Next week my boyfriend's colleague told him about Seat Leon Cupra that he had test driven recently. Some spec googling and phone call to me, and now we had made the decision that Cupra will be our next car. The fact that we are both engineers and that the previous car also had 300hp might have had some effect on this crazy decision.

This is what we ordered:
SEAT Leon ST 2.0 TSI 300 Cupra DSG
Desire red
Parking radar with optical park assistant
Active cruice control
Electronically adjustable driver seat
Full link
Connectivity box charging
SEAT sound system
Technology package 1 (lane and high-beam assistants)
Kessy
After market webasto with remuc

Picking the accessories was kind of easy, but the colour choise was really hard. When we went to the dealer, for placing the order, the idea was to order a black one, but then we saw a red Leon at the store and it looked great, we ended up ordering that colour. Other tough decision was to leave the 4-wheel drive out. It would have been handy in winter time, but would have made the total price way too high. Maybe for the next car...

Here some key dates from our order.

26.5. We placed order.
4.9. Build week was confirmed.
4.-10.9. Cupra was built (week 36)
13.9. We got message that our new car has been built and is waiting for cargo.
27.9. Got message that Cupra is sailing on the seven seas.
12.10. Car arrived to Southern Finland (Helsinki).
24.10. It will be handed to us after installment of Webasto if everything goes as planned.

So 21 weeks from order to delivery in total. 20 weeks behind, one more week ahead. Can't wait! The fact that we will now own the car 50/50 and live in a country where weather is mostly between rain and snow may result to interesting morning discussions of who will go to work with our new toy though ;)

Last edited:

Bailey518

Oct 16, 2017
Hi newbie here. Ordered my cupra 300 st in mystery blue mid august with a estimated delivery of Dec/Jan spoke to seat today who have confirmed it's on the ship and will hit the UK tomorrow and normally it's 7-10 days till I can get my car!! Much earlier than expected after reading some posts on here but I'm chuffed

Last edited:

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Hi newbie here. Ordered my cupra 300 st in mystery blue mid august with a estimated delivery of Dec/Jan spoke to seat today who have confirmed it's on the ship and will hit the UK tomorrow and normally it's 7-10 days till I can get my car!! Much earlier than expected after reading some posts on here but I'm chuffed

That’s unbelievable! Must have got a cancelled build slot. Very jealous.

Bailey518

Oct 16, 2017
That’s unbelievable! Must have got a cancelled build slot. Very jealous.

That's what I thought when my dealer said it was being built at beginning of month hence we contacted seat to confirm. The only thing I can think of is the estate possibly has a different production line maybe? Other than that there is no explanation other than I've dropped on a cancellation. Either way I now can't wait for it!:funk:

Natalia

Aug 28, 2017
Finland
The only thing I can think of is the estate possibly has a different production line maybe? Other than that there is no explanation other than I've dropped on a cancellation. Either way I now can't wait for it!:funk:

We ordered ST version at the end of May and it was built in September, so I don't think that there would be different production line.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Bailey518

Oct 16, 2017
We ordered ST version at the end of May and it was built in September, so I don't think that there would be different production line.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Strange, I must just be lucky with a cancellation as it's standard spec and probably most popular colour. Hey I might even get some free extras if someone else specced the car, its happened before (I work in a Vauxhall dealership)

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Posting on here after lurking for a while - some good posts so thanks!

Signed up for a 2 year deal on a Cupra ST 300 manual in Desire Red today. Roll on April (or more likely May+!).

Did I hear rumors about build/spec changing in the new year?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise