MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
According to their price list it should have been over £1000 but negotiated and got a good deal. Very happy with the results. I also got my daughter's new Ibiza done as well.
Looks well worth it if it will only require minimal effort to stay clean. Nice couple of days work for the detailers too

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
Looks well worth it if it will only require minimal effort to stay clean. Nice couple of days work for the detailers too

They say the the paint is protected for 5 years, the wheels and windscreen/glass for 12 to 18 months each. They applied Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass to the glass all round and when I left them this morning (after picking up my daughter's car) the rain just beaded off. It's very much like Rain-X but better and lasts a hell of a lot longer. Great service from the guys down there.

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
They say the the paint is protected for 5 years, the wheels and windscreen/glass for 12 to 18 months each. They applied Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass to the glass all round and when I left them this morning (after picking up my daughter's car) the rain just beaded off. It's very much like Rain-X but better and lasts a hell of a lot longer. Great service from the guys down there.

I have used the Gtechniq stuff before. fantastic products and definitely does what it says on the tin. I may have to get mine done when it arrives.

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
I took it to Carttitude in Manchester the other day to have a bit of new car protection. They did a 2 Stage paint correction and using Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. The results are stunning. The video from my phone makes the paint look brighter than it really is. It almost looks like solid pillar-box red but it is in-fact the darker, metallic Desire Red. There are no swirls, scratches or any marks, just a glass like finish. Only time will tell if this protection really works. I had the wheels, glass and interior done as well.

BswmDeJONOY

https://youtu.be/BswmDeJONOY

Hi are your tyres Continental Sport Contact 5 or 6? Contact 5 have a high wear rate on some cars. Friend has a Citroen DS5 diesel hybrid 4wd tyres shot all round at 15k, mainly urban use

My car should be built next week, trying to decide if I change whatever brand I get to Michelin PS4 s

Thanks

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
Hi are your tyres Continental Sport Contact 5 or 6? Contact 5 have a high wear rate on some cars. Friend has a Citroen DS5 diesel hybrid 4wd tyres shot all round at 15k, mainly urban use

My car should be built next week, trying to decide if I change whatever brand I get to Michelin PS4 s

Thanks

I’ve got Conti 5s on my GLA - AWFUL tyres. Had 9k out of a set of 4. Michelin PS4S on offer now at Costco, they’ll be going on my 19” OZ when my Cupra arrives in 2018!

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I’ve got Conti 5s on my GLA - AWFUL tyres. Had 9k out of a set of 4. Michelin PS4S on offer now at Costco, they’ll be going on my 19” OZ when my Cupra arrives in 2018!
Just taken SC5's off after 9k as they were finished with. PS4S have been on for a week and they are night and day in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Yeah I had PSS on my Golf R, unbelievable tyres. I had 25k out of my fronts and 33k out of the rears. Drove amazing as well!
25k is amazing! One thing I'm struggling with is pressures as to me they looked quite soft and underinflated when they came out the garage so I put them up to 39psi but now I'm thinking that's just how they are designed and should put them back to 37?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
25k is amazing! One thing I'm struggling with is pressures as to me they looked quite soft and underinflated when they came out the garage so I put them up to 39psi but now I'm thinking that's just how they are designed and should put them back to 37!

Yeah 25k was out of my fronts, 33k out of the rears! :D I ran mine on Nitrogen, wasn't sure of the PSI, but I never lost 1 signal PSI out of them in that time, so I always run on Nitro now!

:1st:

coxale

Nov 14, 2017
If you spec it, yes! €430 on German SEAT website :D So around £399 is N8's prediction

It's showing as a standard feature of the Cupra 300 on the current Seat UK website's catalogue download?

Are you sure it's an additional extra?

I'm finding it hard to get any proper info on this, even my dealer doesn't know.

I have a car ordered for Feb/March delivery, but I wasn't given any option box to tick as the dealer didn't even know about the digital dash until I rang them today :cry:

Cheers

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
It's showing as a standard feature of the Cupra 300 on the current Seat UK website's catalogue download?

Are you sure it's an additional extra?

I'm finding it hard to get any proper info on this, even my dealer doesn't know.

I have a car ordered for Feb/March delivery, but I wasn't given any option box to tick as the dealer didn't even know about the digital dash until I rang them today :cry:

Cheers

The Digital Dash is standard on the Cupra from Jan 2018 (it's been covered in a few other threads on here). So all Cupras built after this time will include the dash, I haven't ordered mine just yet, need to order my GTE first :D

coxale

Nov 14, 2017
The Digital Dash is standard on the Cupra from Jan 2018 (it's been covered in a few other threads on here). So all Cupras built after this time will include the dash, I haven't ordered mine just yet, need to order my GTE first :D

Brilliant, thanks for the info! :D

I wonder how long it will take for the dealer to come back to me with the answer :p

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Spoke with SEAT Customer Care this morning. Still at -
'Unconfirmed build week of week 49, week commencing 4 December 2017, but this date may come forward'

Also spoke with them about the virtual cockpit/illuminated sills
They said they will be included on all Cupra's after BW 45

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
Provisional build week now 51. improved from week 9 in last 2 weeks.

Update Yesterday dealer advised build week 3. Seat Customer Services via Brand Support (have link direct with Factory) confirmed firm week 46

Big surprise. Recommend asking Seat direct, Dealer info is not the same

Car built and was on way to port on 16/11:D - ordered 23/8 picking up in in January (planned delay). Seat UK system still shows as firm build week 3 Jan!

Don`t know if car fitted with digital dash / Alexa. Lot`s of conflicting info flying around.

Last edited:

RideWithMe_YT

Sep 1, 2017
Also spoke with them about the virtual cockpit/illuminated sills
They said they will be included on all Cupra's after BW 45

I spoke to IMG today and they rekon the factory has told them BW 1 of 2018 for those features. I’m hoping you’re right and they arent. IMG effectively just said ‘lets see what turns up’. :blink:

Mine was BW 49 but apparently its already built as of 46 so not sure I’d even be in the 45+ club anyway :shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.