MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

cupragus

Apr 10, 2014
Glasgow/Dumfries
Hi guys, I ordered my 5 door Black Manual Cupra 280 on the 28th of March, I used a site called carwow and ended up making the purchase through Stoke Seat.

Been told to expect a 13 week wait...I'm almost down to 11 weeks and I'm already struggling to contain my excitement!!!

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi guys, I ordered my 5 door Black Manual Cupra 280 on the 28th of March, I used a site called carwow and ended up making the purchase through Stoke Seat.

Been told to expect a 13 week wait...I'm almost down to 11 weeks and I'm already struggling to contain my excitement!!!

I got a quote through Carwow then went in to see Brett at Stoke Seat (who are my local dealers and happened to be the cheapest quote I received) and placed my order on 3rd April. Was told the same, about a 12-14 week wait. Each day just seems to be lasting an eternity now and the next few months are really gonna drag.

cupragus

Apr 10, 2014
Glasgow/Dumfries
I got a quote through Carwow then went in to see Brett at Stoke Seat (who are my local dealers and happened to be the cheapest quote I received) and placed my order on 3rd April. Was told the same, about a 12-14 week wait. Each day just seems to be lasting an eternity now and the next few months are really gonna drag.

I dealt with Brett as well. I went to my local dealer in Aberdeen before looking on carwow and managed to save about £110 per month :funk: Aberdeen is notoriously expensive for new cars though.

Just wish it was June already!

I just got the info from my dealer today: my very own 5dr 280, emocion red, gray/black leather, rear parking assist and the Seat Sound system, will get on to the production line next week. Hoping for the delivery to be mid-Mayish...

Got some new snow today again here in Finnish Lapland but hoping the one foot of snow will fade away by the time my new car gets here... Not that I'm squimish about the snow, but don't want to get rid of all the studs from the front tyres

Last edited:

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
I ordered a Emotion red DSG 5 Door 280 a couple of weeks ago with black leather and sunroof. The Seat dealer in Lincoln matched the drive the deal price and offered a decent price on my Lumina Orange Cupra. I will miss the current car but its not as rare as it was when I purchased her near four years ago as there must be 4 or 5 orange Leons (only one other cupra) in Lincoln now.

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
I wish my local dealer would have matched the price drive the deal gave me would have saved me the hassle of having to sell current car privately they wouldn't budge at all on the price and even said to me he had 3 other people test drive the leon the same day as me then go and order through a broker instead.

Mar 13, 2011
I wish my local dealer would have matched the price drive the deal gave me would have saved me the hassle of having to sell current car privately they wouldn't budge at all on the price and even said to me he had 3 other people test drive the leon the same day as me then go and order through a broker instead.

Your local dealer needs to wise up then. The broker use dealers too, if you use DTD they are only a middleman anyway and it is a franchised SEAT dealer who takes your business. What does that tell you? Your local dealer is wanting a huge margin on each sale, where the dealers who take "broker" business will accept a lower margin but shift more cars.

I would be surprised if your local dealer sells many (any) cars at list.

It is a hassle selling privately though, no doubt about that. But the savings are worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent

Try Carwow. I got a great deal and was able to part-ex my current car too.

Mar 13, 2011
Are people on this thread with Cupra orders in progress getting any feedback from the dealer? Radio silence from mine, though I guess it may just be there is no new news? Last I heard from him was when I asked for an update and was given an estimated build week. I'm wondering, when does the estimated build week turn into a confirmed build week? Rumblings in another thread about some technical issues which may cause production to stop. Hope that one isn't true!

The wait is a killer :-( Anyone else on here taken delivery of of a Cupra apart from Syphon?

Renoix

Mar 25, 2014
Milton Keynes
No news on my order either. Asked for an update yesterday and was told to try back in 6 weeks when they should know something more concrete.

Roll on June....

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they don't have any news yet on the build date for any of the five cupras they have ordered so far. I ordered mine three weeks ago and the first one they ordered was 6 weeks ago.

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Seems like a common theme here guys. Placed my order two weeks and was initially given an estimated 12-14 week delivery time. Spoke to the salesman last week, as wanted to add the side skirts to my car, and apart from confirming my order had been placed there was no other news. Said he'd update me soon as the build week had been confirmed.

Has anybody even had an estimated build week yet?

leemac

Jun 24, 2007
Bristol
Seems like a common theme here guys. Placed my order two weeks and was initially given an estimated 12-14 week delivery time. Spoke to the salesman last week, as wanted to add the side skirts to my car, and apart from confirming my order had been placed there was no other news. Said he'd update me soon as the build week had been confirmed.

Has anybody even had an estimated build week yet?

I ordered my cupra on the 24th March and as of yet still no build week confirmation.
Ordered from stoke seat but in fairness the salesman has kept me in the loop with regular emails.if it gets towards August I'm not taking mine until September so it will have the new reg.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.