MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Mad how it all works out eh. I actually fancied a manual as last few have all been autos. Focus looks a stunning car and the the spec is out of this world
I have an absolutely brilliant Ford dealer very close to me (gave me a very good deal on my new Kuga 6 years ago) so the Focus ST was first choice. One of their sales guys (a mate!) has one and loves it.
As a package though I reckon the Cupra is better..... Digital dash (which I like), dash layout (Focus screen seems to be a late add-on), you can modify VAG car software to suit personal preferences (Ford software is very much locked!), ST is 4 wheel drive (Focus only fwd). Apart from all that I would buy a Focus ST estate (auto only) because of my local dealer. The brief time I had with my (not so) local Seat dealer didn't fill me with confidence.....

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Yes on balance I’d agree. Does my head in to miss out on what should be standard equip for a £35k bar these day though. Leather. sunroof, Acc, traffic sign reco, HUD, debent stereo , leccy seats. Agreed though better car

Reactions: Tivver500

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yes on balance I’d agree. Does my head in to miss out on what should be standard equip for a £35k bar these day though. Leather. sunroof, Acc, traffic sign reco, HUD, debent stereo , leccy seats. Agreed though better car
The MY19 Lux had all those bar HUD and sunroof. They ditched leather and electric seats for my20

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
They did. Never had leccy tailgate, heated windscreen or B&O play either though. Like I say seat better interns of power and 4wd but focus a soo much higher spec. Which is a huge shift in balance over the last few years. I’m happy with my purchase. However if price were equal I’d have gone with focus. .. and I’ve have four cupras

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
They did. Never had leccy tailgate, heated windscreen or B&O play either though. Like I say seat better interns of power and 4wd but focus a soo much higher spec. Which is a huge shift in balance over the last few years. I’m happy with my purchase. However if price were equal I’d have gone with focus. .. and I’ve have four cupras
Cupra Lux costs £22k, has better drive train and chassis and doesn't look like a squashed frog. I'd take that over a heated windscreen and B&O.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Suppose the real point im making is I’m coming out of of a 4 yr old Infiniti Q50s which has all the above and I will miss. **** to drive though not gonna lie

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Suppose the real point im making is I’m coming out of of a 4 yr old Infiniti Q50s which has all the above and I will miss. **** to drive though not gonna lie
I almost bought the Q60 hybrid. I like the Q50 too, nice cars. Obviously can't compare with a hot hatch as they are luxury saloons albeit with a crap ton of power.
Unfortunately Infiniti didn't do well since joining the UK market in 2015 and they withdrew from the UK market last year.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Cupra Lux costs £22k, has better drive train and chassis and doesn't look like a squashed frog. I'd take that over a heated windscreen and B&O.
Can you point me on the direction of a brand new lux st for £22k please. I’m still in my cancellation period

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Can you point me on the direction of a brand new lux st for £22k please. I’m still in my cancellation period
I think they've risen to £23k now but I know motor source and a few other brokers are doing them around that price. Weirdly they've gone up in the last few months despite the new models being revealed. Edit:
Not the ST sorry. That was £24k at it's lowest I've seen.
I've been talking about the hatchback.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I almost bought the Q60 hybrid. I like the Q50 too, nice cars. Obviously can't compare with a hot hatch as they are luxury saloons albeit with a crap ton of power.
The Q50 hybrids 3.5ltr massive spec anew gong for stupid money now Infiniti have pulled out. The steering is horrible though and so is the ride .. mainly due to run flats but it’s o w kitted out ride

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The Q50 hybrids 3.5ltr massive spec anew gong for stupid money now Infiniti have pulled out. The steering is horrible though and so is the ride .. mainly due to run flats but it’s o w kitted out ride
It has the old skyline chassis. Seems strange how they messed it up.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
It has the old skyline chassis. Seems strange how they messed it up.
They messed it up massively with the fbw steering and run flats. Auto CVT is literally the worst m. Took it back to the dealers after a day thinking there must have been a fault with it. I’d just come out of 370z so figured how bad could it be

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
They messed it up massively with the fbw steering and run flats. Auto CVT is literally the worst m. Took it back to the dealers after a day thinking there must have been a fault with it. I’d just come out of 370z so figured how bad could it be
Glad I didn't get one then, I thought they'd be decent handling. I know the Q30 got slated due to being based on the A class chassis but I didn't realise the Q50 and 60 were so bad.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
No worst handling and least enjoyable car I’ve ever owned. Not even close. Cockpit is a place of joy though. Sound system and nav are unreal

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Just a week to go people :) !!!

yer I just saw the hatch is more expensive now than mine with the sunroof added

makes me feel good especially as mine has all the extras I squeezed out of them

should mean I lose relatively nothing on depreciation if I chose to change after a few years which seeing the new cupra and the fact they are clearly trying to make it a premium brand you won’t get another car with this bang for the buck and therefore MY20 20 plates should be well sort after

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I heard from the leasing company and all they can tell me is it’s built and will be delivered wc 02/03. Some of these posts leave me sceptical o only ordered it a week ago. On an off topic does anyone know of the std cupra comes with the Led interior lighting. Brochure says no website site yes. Also it states that it has media plus. Does this mean the nav can be on dash as well as screen. I was that it was only available on nav plus, yet can’t find it listed. It does say that the nav has 3D maps ( is this the plus) finally it says there are no speed cameras on the NAV. Seriously? I’ve read that it can be done though through coding the unit. How easy is it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members