MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I hope it's nothing to do with damage to the car.

This happened to me with a new Golf R from a VW dealership. The delivery was delayed by a few days, when the car was delivered I noticed the front end looked a slighty different shade of Lapiz Blue. After some digging the dealership admitted to me that the car had been damaged on site but instead of taking it to a VW approved repairer they took it round the corner to some back street bodyshop. The car had to be fixed properly at a cost of over £2k
I've just read in the Facebook group that someone's Leon had its roof repaired without them knowing. Got roof damage on the transporter. They've only found out when the roof started to bubble after a couple of years and SEAT have said the paint in the roof is thicker than normal and have refused a warranty claim. He can't prove it wasn't him who's badly repaired it so he's a bit screwed.

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
So after ordering my car on the 19th July 2019, I finally picked it up today and my god it was worth the wait!!! 40 miles to get back home so had a proper to get a feel for it. What a machine! Already cleaned it, somewhat protected the paint and alloys and treated the seats haha
20200301_183020.jpg
20200301_183136.jpg

Here it is, in all its glory!

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Incoming mass compensation !!

the dealer has lost my keys !!

no delivery for Monday now

7-10 day delay

called me 1250 the Friday before

can you even believe it !!!!!!!

I honestly feel for you mate, I wouldn't even know how to handle a situation like that after all the BS we've all been through.

Hang in there buddy, it is definitely worth the wait!

JWhitton1

Feb 16, 2020
Well, it WAS worth the wait. Canny drive back from the dealer, but loved it none the less.

The little detail on the Cupra door lights get me every time. Not be seeing this mpg too often, so I'll enjoy that whilst it lasts.

I don't even get that MPG on my 184 tdi .

Enjoy it :)

I get mine next week

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Car supposedly due at the dealers 23rd March, so that's progress! 3 weeks, plus I assume a week for PDI and delivery. Looks like it's on the next round of ships leaving Barcelona in this case, either the Comet or Pegasus as they seem to be a day apart now.

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I said this to my dealer handling it who isn’t on site and he advised he would rather of told me there was damage than this,TBF bit of a weird excuse and surely they wouldn’t of left it this late to make it up

I duno probably my luck tho and I’d never know would i
If they can't find the keys then I assume they are replacing the manual locks and ECU to ensure you have different keys to the "missing" ones.
I wouldn't be happy if they just coded 2 new keys knowing the other 2 were still around.
Even if they can deactivate the old ones from the ECU I'd still want the physical locks changing. Doesn't take long to code a new key using the odb port if you have access to the car.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
If they can't find the keys then I assume they are replacing the manual locks and ECU to ensure you have different keys to the "missing" ones.
I wouldn't be happy if they just coded 2 new keys knowing the other 2 were still around.
Even if they can deactivate the old ones from the ECU I'd still want the physical locks changing. Doesn't take long to code a new key using the odb port if you have access to the car.
My questions is how are they doing that without first having to break in to the car...

Also what if his car is parked in front of a bunch of others....

Reactions: Tivver500

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My questions is how are they doing that without first having to break in to the car...

Also what if his car is parked in front of a bunch of others....
This is how relay theft works. They only use the relay signal to gain entry to the car. They then code a new key to take the car. Takes less than a minute apparently. If they have your physical key then it's even easier as no relay is needed obviously.
Doesn't make a difference wether the car is taken or not, a physical key gives you access to the car and it's contents unless you change the locks.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
This is how relay theft works. They only use the relay signal to gain entry to the car. They then code a new key to take the car. Takes less than a minute apparently. If they have your physical key then it's even easier as no relay is needed obviously.
I understand the KESSY keys had a standby function where they weren't emitting, therefore the relay could not relay the key signal. Is that not the case?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I understand the KESSY keys had a standby function where they weren't emitting, therefore the relay could not relay the key signal. Is that not the case?
Yes, that changed in late 2018 so they go to sleep. But if you have a physical key then this makes no difference. I'm saying that unless the locks are changed then that car is more vulnerable to theft as there are two keys that have gone "missing" while at the dealer. Would you be happy with that?

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Yes, that changed in late 2018 so they go to sleep. But if you have a physical key then this makes no difference. I'm saying that unless the locks are changed then that car is more vulnerable to theft as there are two keys that have gone "missing" while at the dealer. Would you be happy with that?
See your point now, but i was thinking more about how the dealer is going to remove the first two keys, and add two new ones, without firs thaving to break in to the car, given the absence of the origional set of keys.

On another note:-
Whats the deal with dealers holding on to cars for say a month before delivery/collection, do they allow prospective customers to test drive them?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
See your point now, but i was thinking more about how the dealer is going to remove the first two keys, and add two new ones, without firs thaving to break in to the car, given the absence of the origional set of keys.

On another note:-
Whats the deal with dealers holding on to cars for say a month before delivery/collection, do they allow prospective customers to test drive them?
I don't think so. Mine had just 9 miles on the clock and the dealer had mine from the beginning of May until the last week in July. I could have had mine delivered the same week the dealer got it. They fitted the side skirts the first week in May despite knowing I didn't need it until July. It literally just sat there gathering dust and grime.
Maybe it differs from dealer to dealer.

Mar 1, 2020
Hi, ime new on here and this will be my first Seat. Ordered mine on the 31st Jan this year after looking at other options inc Golf GTI Performance but decided on the 290 Cupra in Nevada White which looks great.
The main reason I went for this was I think the great lease deal I got (tell me if it ain’t tho).
£287 down and the same monthly over 2 yrs with 8k and no maintenance.
Due at dealers in 30th March so around first week in April hopefully.
Really looking forward to it.
ps this will be my 3rd lease on a new car.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I don't think so. Mine had just 9 miles on the clock and the dealer had mine from the beginning of May until the last week in July. I could have had mine delivered the same week the dealer got it. They fitted the side skirts the first week in May despite knowing I didn't need it until July. It literally just sat there gathering dust and grime.
Maybe it differs from dealer to dealer.
Based on the prices your dealer was quoting for fitting side skirts, I think your dealer has a better reputation. Given the fact my dealer has lots @Betts-4 keys, and intially refused to register my car in March, and refused intially to provide any or investigate a compensation claim, and quoted almost a grand just to fit some side skirts, and looking at their forecourt (its pretty small)...
I don't hold out much hope for that.

I told FCD that if the car has more than signle figure mileage when I collect it, I won't be best pleased. (unsure how reasonable that statement is but I don't care, dont want some yob joyriding my car on a test drive just because its at the dealership)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Based on the prices your dealer was quoting for fitting side skirts, I think your dealer has a better reputation. Given the fact my dealer has lots @Betts-4 keys, and intially refused to register my car in March, and refused intially to provide any or investigate a compensation claim, and quoted almost a grand just to fit some side skirts, and looking at their forecourt (its pretty small)...
I don't hold out much hope for that.

I told FCD that if the car has more than signle figure mileage when I collect it, I won't be best pleased. (unsure how reasonable that statement is but I don't care, dont want some yob joyriding my car on a test drive just because its at the dealership)
I agree. I was pleasantly surprised that after 3 months mine was delivered with 9 miles. My dealer assisted with the wheel issue as well and were the ones who raised a complaint against my local dealer, Arnold Clark, which I escalated.
I haven't got a bad word to say about Pullman's SEAT in Sunderland. Shame I don't live anywhere near them, I'd definitely use them. Instead I now how to drive to the nearest reputable one which isn't an Arnold Clark.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well, just had an update direct from Seat, seems the dealer is still being cautious with their dates as the car is currently on the Aquarius Ace en route, due to unload at Grimsby by the end of the week.

Feels like progress!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members