MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Tried to upload one it was saying file size too large (iPhone pic) will try again later
AA3A00B4-2D5C-4903-A3A1-F62D2D52DB8C.jpeg
Like this

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
Anyone who's car was on the comet ace which arrived last wed 26th, been told cars should be with dealers by Wed. Hoping they can pdi and delivery sometime next week - fingers crossed.

Reactions: mjxn

mjxn

Dec 27, 2019
Anyone who's car was on the comet ace which arrived last wed 26th, been told cars should be with dealers by Wed. Hoping they can pdi and delivery sometime next week - fingers crossed.

Nice one hopefully I'll be hearing about a delivery date soon. What dealer is yours through?

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Right just caught up with the thread and I’m a little worried and shared your concerns.

im going to double check but this is what I’m told.

1.They sent me pictures today of the whole car and I said I was driving down there to see if this changed their story and it did not and was welcomed to.Maybe they were calling my bluff and maybe the photos are old but maybe not.

2.The delivery driver who is just the courier also told me he had been told the same thing.

3.Apprently because i need new keys that have to be laser cut the quote time is 7-10 days,then when they get them they code them and will be different and the old keys will be not working.I think he said they would open it but couldn’t start the car.
I’m going to clarify this again as I am concerned someone is just sitting in wait to nick it.

4.Apparently you can’t just code any old key and the only solution is the order of a new set.

I’ve seen people talk about side skirts and splitter, do Seat have there own I can ask for the Cupra then ??

I have been called by the manger and reassured that they are now changing the key process to stop this happening again !! Yer thanks for that

My dealer contact and his manager went to site and had a meeting.

no sign of good will and to top it off the car they are letting me drive was delivered filthy and on the red, I mean come on !!!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Based on the prices your dealer was quoting for fitting side skirts, I think your dealer has a better reputation. Given the fact my dealer has lots @Betts-4 keys, and intially refused to register my car in March, and refused intially to provide any or investigate a compensation claim, and quoted almost a grand just to fit some side skirts, and looking at their forecourt (its pretty small)...
I don't hold out much hope for that.

I told FCD that if the car has more than signle figure mileage when I collect it, I won't be best pleased. (unsure how reasonable that statement is but I don't care, dont want some yob joyriding my car on a test drive just because its at the dealership)
What issues have you had with this dealer ? Does it correspond at all as to why they maybe delaying my delivery ?

JWhitton1

Feb 16, 2020
I have a couple of questions for you all.
So I signed the PCH docs on Thursday 27th Feb. The 'registration date' on the docs says 14th March, however I am going to collect the car on Friday 6th March.
I am struggling to get insurance on it as the registration plate isn't bringing back any vehicle details on the comparison websites.

Am I right in thinking the vehicle wont be registered until 14th, however I am getting it a week earlier therefore will be driving it unregistered?
When will the registration bring back details of the vehicle on online databases?

TIA

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Right just caught up with the thread and I’m a little worried and shared your concerns.

im going to double check but this is what I’m told.

1.They sent me pictures today of the whole car and I said I was driving down there to see if this changed their story and it did not and was welcomed to.Maybe they were calling my bluff and maybe the photos are old but maybe not.

2.The delivery driver who is just the courier also told me he had been told the same thing.

3.Apprently because i need new keys that have to be laser cut the quote time is 7-10 days,then when they get them they code them and will be different and the old keys will be not working.I think he said they would open it but couldn’t start the car.
I’m going to clarify this again as I am concerned someone is just sitting in wait to nick it.

4.Apparently you can’t just code any old key and the only solution is the order of a new set.

I’ve seen people talk about side skirts and splitter, do Seat have there own I can ask for the Cupra then ??

I have been called by the manger and reassured that they are now changing the key process to stop this happening again !! Yer thanks for that

My dealer contact and his manager went to site and had a meeting.

no sign of good will and to top it off the car they are letting me drive was delivered filthy and on the red, I mean come on !!!
I wouldn't be happy that there are potentially 2 keys that can open the car. This isn't right and should be fixed. The dealer should change the physical locks on top of coding keys. I don't see how they can refuse this.
Your insurance wouldn't be happy knowing this either. Especially as they'll be tagged with the registration and probably car type. As I've said before thieves can easily code their own keys using the odb port in the car when they have access. How do you think the dealer codes the key without an original? Also none of your possessions in the car are safe.

SEAT do their own side skirts and splitter. They are the best ones. They cost a fortune though hence you don't see many cars with them.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I wouldn't be happy that there are potentially 2 keys that can open the car. This isn't right and should be fixed. The dealer should change the physical locks on top of coding keys. I don't see how they can refuse this.
Your insurance wouldn't be happy knowing this either. Especially as they'll be tagged with the registration and probably car type. As I've said before thieves can easily code their own keys using the odb port in the car when they have access. How do you think the dealer codes the key without an original? Also none of your possessions in the car are safe.

SEAT do their own side skirts and splitter. They are the best ones. They cost a fortune though hence you don't see many cars with them.
I'd agree with Kirky. I know it's a buzz getting a new car and it's easy to let your heart rule your head. It's a big deal and it needs to be right. The security issue is something that will always be in the back of your mind. Just a reprogramme of a new set of keys IMHO ain't enough when potentially the old 'lost' set could suddenly be 'found' and used. The dealership fitting a new set of locks would be the only thing personally that would convince me to keep the car rather than walking away from the deal at this point.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So I have clarified it and wait to hear

I’ve thrown the idea of the good will being the side skirts and splitter lol so will see

I’ve said I’m happy to take delivery and then expect to go to my local dealer to get the locks sorted etc,I don’t want them having any longer than required.

Im also going to get ghost so hopefully this will help but I do agree I’m not happy

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
So I have clarified it and wait to hear

I’ve thrown the idea of the good will being the side skirts and splitter lol so will see

I’ve said I’m happy to take delivery and then expect to go to my local dealer to get the locks sorted etc,I don’t want them having any longer than required.

Im also going to get ghost so hopefully this will help but I do agree I’m not happy
Looks like I'm going to beat you now, finally get mine friday

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.