Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Who's ordered a Leon Cupra

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Jsc, Mar 20, 2014.

?

What Leon Cupra version have you ordered?

1. Leon SC Cupra 265 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

0.4%
  2. Leon SC Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

5.7%
  3. Leon SC Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

9.1%
  4. Leon 5dr Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

18.6%
  5. Leon 5dr Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

34.2%
  6. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed manual

4.7%
  7. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto

7.9%
  8. Leon ST Cupra 280/290/300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto 4DRIVE

16.0%
  9. Leon Cupra R 310 Manual

1.1%
  10. Leon Cupra R 300 DSG

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Betts-4

Betts-4 Active Member

In Manuel mode I.e gear pushed over to left to the +/- lights up when it’s in D/S the D/S does not light up

??

2. jack rush

jack rush Active Member

When mine was dropped off last week the driver had averaged 42mpg! Was very surprised.

If I drive spiritedly I usually average about 26mpg, but I've seen 38mpg with 'normal' driving. I've also stuck it in Eco mode a few times which helps as well since it dulls the experience a bit, meaning you're less likely to boot it at every chance.

I used to average low 40s in my 184 FR, so achieving mid 30s in my Cupra is alright by me.

3. Invertigo

Invertigo Active Member

No such reference for me, arrived on a flatbed with 11 miles on the clock. Understandable mind you, since the dealers is about a 140 mile drive from me!

Tivver500 likes this.
  4. Zer0

Zer0 Active Member

My average since I got the car is about 26-27 mpg. I don't drive to save fuel though, not in this car.

5. jack rush

jack rush Active Member

I don't plan on driving it to save fuel, would've kept my 184 FR for that, but in the current climate I'd like to spend as little time as possible touching a fuel pump that who knows how many people have touched since it was last cleaned :rolleyes:

6. Zer0

Zer0 Active Member

Yes I have no problems getting mid 30s if I try, quite impressive really. :)

7. Just_Incredible

I was supposed to take delivery of my FR Black edition this Wednesday, but it got cancelled and they don't know when it will be delivered. I'm contemplating whether to now cancel the order as I can only image the car is sat somewhere going to gather rust.

8. The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme Insta: @thatredcupra

Why would you cancel...?

Tivver500 likes this.
  9. ChrisM75

ChrisM75 Active Member

Yeah its not sat somewhere 'rusting'. Its not a 70s British Leyland situation.

10. minute

minute Active Member

Chaps,

Had a Cupra 290 lease on order back in mid Jan, with an expected delivery date of mid-May.

Now obviously this won't be the case any more as there's supply chain issues plus the factory is shut.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat - with their car waiting to be built? I'm now thinking best case delivery delayed by a few months, worst case no car built. Thinking whether to cancel or not depending on the cost.

11. Tony Roberts

Had placed an order for Cupra 300 same script due mid May,initially told by SEAT car was at port of Barcelona, with the uncertainty of work during current situation and thereafter contacted lease company to ask about costs should I cancel, no cost to cancel as car not in UK, advised that on checking car not built anyway and unlikely to be, gutted but cancelled as was right for me to do in my
    circumstances

minute likes this.
  12. mervyna2

13. mervyna2

Ordered Cupra 290 Jan 17 was told last week waiting allocation to a ship, currently there is a delay ln vehicles leaving all our ports at present. Not sure if I should cancel or not

minute likes this.
  14. minute

minute Active Member

Thanks both. They got back to me and said the cars been built and it's at the factory waiting to be shipped.

As I'm a key worker, if the car doesnt arrive by mid May like I was told, they'll sort me out with a hire car until it arrives!

15. Andrew Rae

Very interesting, I’ve been wondering about this. My current Golf R is due to go back on 19/04. Presumably that won’t be happening, my Cupra is meant to be delivered around the same time. Both are being funded by Arval, I wonder if they’ll let me keep the Golf? That being said, I’m already over my mileage and don’t want to keep racking up the costs

16. Denno

Denno Active Member

My car is built, waiting at a dealer, ready to go. Unfortunately I have no idea when firstly my current car can be collected and secondly when the Cupra can be delivered.

17. SulCupra

SulCupra Active Member

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Unprecedented times and I don't blame the dealers for not wanting to do deliveries at the moment.

18. daz3031

daz3031 Active Member

Same situation for me. My Cupra ST lux was meant to be delivered on Monday but the delivery was cancelled and because it was not registered before 1 April, the first year tax will now cost an extra £330 because of the first year VED changes. I know it isn't seat's fault but I wonder if they'll be willing to offer any kind of goodwill gesture? The extra £330 would be useful in my pocket during these times!

My previous Cupra was picked up on the previous Monday but fortunately we have another car to tide us over.

19. ShowaddyRoddy

ShowaddyRoddy Active Member

I ordered mine 3rd February and was waiting to hear about build date, etc. I wasn’t expecting it until July/August anyway, when I have to give my Ibiza Cupra back. I doubt that’ll happen now, so will they be offering us stock cars or cancelled orders? My only option was Magnetic Grey paint, so it’s not like I’d have to accept a differently specced car.
    Time will tell...