Who's running up rated engine mounts

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
As above. I'm looking at getting some up rated engine mounts...polly bushing or similar. Just wondering if anyone is running them and wot it's like. Iv heard its rather uncomfortable

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Stops the engine rocking under load which will make the car a little more responsive, but more importantly it stops things like ur down pipe brackets getting broken all the time

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
THS FR3 3 piece kit - well worth the money.

R u running these on our daily use diesel? Do u find them uncomfortable at all? Does it not shake the car loads?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Had them on my leon and driven other cars with them on, no problem day to day at all. i belive THS replace the standard rubbers with different shaped items that fill more of the gaps in the mounts to stop excessive movement but still create a confortable driving experience.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Do u recomend the full kit? Was hoping to not spend that much

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I have vibratechnics gearbox, front and rear fast road engine mounts. It does make the cabin noisier at the idle. However my exhaust is fouling on the rear beam and my rear springs have colapsed again so this may be exaserbating the affect. One thing I say is that when you switch off the engine the whole dash shakes and I get the impression that the vibration to do that came from the engine and through the chassis legs. In terms of engine throw, it definately cuts it done considerably. This is on an AHU engine cordoba vario.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
My front engine bracket broke and I believe it may be related to the vibratechnics engine mounts. The front engine bracket is held by three bolts to the block through the starter motor. I suspect one bolt has worked it's way out leaving the bracket supported on one side only which has been too much for it causing it to shear which wasn't a pleasant experience and almost punctured the oil filter. So I'm going back to standard.

No that's wrong. I had standard engine mounts on and I managed to rip the actually mounting point in the chassis leg out completely. I'm now running left and right new standard engine mounts and the dog bone mount is 034 Motorsport, completely with updated alloy bone itself. Also running solid brass subframe bushes and all front bushes are powerflex polybushes black series (race) yes on idle the whole interior shakes but it's not unbearable. If you want comfort and not handling and performance get a big Cadillac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R7 Adam.

Oct 29, 2008
Hull
I fitted the Vibratech ones to my curpa tdi. Found them really noisy and they shake like hell! However noticed a more solid feel when cornering. Would fit them to a track/race car, but for the road they are just a bit too much IMO!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.