Whose got a 2018 CUPRA R

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I would like to PM you re the standard spec that should be on the car.

I bought it sight unseen 11 miles on the clock from Barlows at Wolverhampton.
The spec on the site [and Autotrader] does not match what's on the car.
It was delivered on a trailer Friday.
[Barlows are not answering my emails and always going to come back to me]

Says :-
18" or spacesaver wheel.
Illuminated door Sill trims
Seat back pockets
Adjustable lumbar supports
Under seat boxes
Front fog lamps in gloss black and copper surrounds
Pedestrian recognition.
Traffic sign recognition.
Tiredness recognition
Auto headlamp adjust on motorways.
Front accident mitigation assist.
Park Pilot plus [says it parks the car for you when it finds a safe gap etc]
Nearside mirror dipping on reverse function.

None of the above either work or can be found?

Cheers Guys.
Andy

SO far thanks for the help with lots of things.
Battery was dead and many functions were lost and had to be re enabled. All methods found on here

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sounds like a copy and paste job there with no real indication of spec.

@paddy6789 can comment better than I but...

Space saver - No Brembo packed cars never have them. Not that you can use them on the front of any Cupras anyway due to the VAQ diff.

Illuminated door sills - No car was too early for that, instead it has the black flag and cupra ones. Personally prefer these to the later options that are illuminated, now I’ve seen them from factory.

Seat back pockets and Limbar Support. - No doesn’t come with these as it has the bucket seats.

Under Seat boxes - As it has the Beats amplifier won’t come with these I don’t think. Mine has them on my buckets but I don’t have Beats. May just be the passenger side for the R.

Fog lights - no Cupra R has the special grills with the copper and no fogs. Much better in my opinion.

Pedestrian recognition - Think that’s just part of front assist. So should have it. Same as the front accident you mention.

Traffic Sign Recognition - No as doesn’t have the bigger camera above the rear view mirror.

Tiredness - don’t know sorry

Motorway light - yes but it’s very subtle, not like high beam assist or the full BMW type thing.

Park pilot - Yes but this isn’t the park your car for you, this is the visual aid on the central screen that shows your parking sensors and rear view camera.

Nearside view mirror dipping - Yes you just need to set it up and make sure the mirror toggle is set to the left hand side. Try a search loads of posts on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy6789 and gof

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
I believe it does not have spare wheel beacuse of the brakes.
Ambient light should work pretty much all the leons have it, look in vehicle-settings-ambient light for setup.
Back pockets and lumbar adjustment is not available with bucket seats.
Under seat boxes is optional I think check that with the dealer.
There are no fog lamps on the R model.
Pedestrian, traffic sign and all the other driver aids should work if you can see camera placed below rain sensor on the windshield. Also radar in front grill under the plate.
Auto lamps also work with the above mentioned camera.
Front assist also as mentioned above.
Park pilot not available on any Leon, some guy retrofitted but it never came with any car from factory.
Mirror dip is enabled when you put the lever for adjusting mirrors in R position.

Hope I helped.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I believe it does not have spare wheel beacuse of the brakes.
Ambient light should work pretty much all the leons have it, look in vehicle-settings-ambient light for setup.
Back pockets and lumbar adjustment is not available with bucket seats.
Under seat boxes is optional I think check that with the dealer.
There are no fog lamps on the R model.
Pedestrian, traffic sign and all the other driver aids should work if you can see camera placed below rain sensor on the windshield. Also radar in front grill under the plate.
Auto lamps also work with the above mentioned camera.
Front assist also as mentioned above.
Park pilot not available on any Leon, some guy retrofitted but it never came with any car from factory.
Mirror dip is enabled when you put the lever for adjusting mirrors in R position.

Hope I helped.
@Damo H beat me to it :2nd:
I did sorry.

As for door ambient lighting it will have that. He’s talking about the illuminated door sills when you open the door. Mine has the flag, later models have cupra. The R isn’t illuminated just the same as ore illuminated cars just a black flag and black cupra writing.

Also it’s L position in the UK for dipped mirrors ;)

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Sounds like a copy and paste job there with no real indication of spec.

@paddy6789 can comment better than I but...

Space saver - No Brembo packed cars never have them. Not that you can use them on the front of any Cupras anyway due to the VAQ diff.

Illuminated door sills - No car was too early for that, instead it has the black flag and cupra ones. Personally prefer these to the later options that are illuminated, now I’ve seen them from factory.

Seat back pockets and Limbar Support. - No doesn’t come with these as it has the bucket seats.

Under Seat boxes - As it has the Beats amplifier won’t come with these I don’t think. Mine has them on my buckets but I don’t have Beats. May just be the passenger side for the R.

Fog lights - no Cupra R has the special grills with the copper and no fogs. Much better in my opinion.

Pedestrian recognition - Think that’s just part of front assist. So should have it. Same as the front accident you mention.

Traffic Sign Recognition - No as doesn’t have the bigger camera above the rear view mirror.

Tiredness - don’t know sorry

Motorway light - yes but it’s very subtle, not like high beam assist or the full BMW type thing.

Park pilot - Yes but this isn’t the park your car for you, this is the visual aid on the central screen that shows your parking sensors and rear view camera.

Nearside view mirror dipping - Yes you just need to set it up and make sure the mirror toggle is set to the left hand side. Try a search loads of posts on it.
Yeah that's all the same as mine :)

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
WOW

Brilliant.
Thanks

Best most comprehensive replies ever.
Yes suspect copy and paste job then. Basically nothing really missing then mostly just misinformation and some of my 'less than savvy' [oh all right ignorance] of some systems.

Good to know and some relief.

Once again thanks Guys.
I guess I lost loads of functions and the nearside mirror dip when the battery went flat and it all reset.
I had t re enable all the one touch windows which said on the forums were linked as the convenience opening and folding windows were linked to.

[I have just Migrated across from the Renno RS forums and like they were this is so helpful.]

Cheers Andy

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yes welcome! You are part of a very unique bunch of 24 R owners.

Is yours grey or black out of interest?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks Damo/Gof and Paddy

Yes its Grey. It had the CUP 2's fitted as an extra [£850] [On a demo I drove in Bristol it slipped and wheel spun all over in the damp/wet]
so took them off before it went on the road and put PS4's
Superb now. Will put the Cup2's on at a great price on line to clear.

Cheers Andy

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks Damo/Gof and Paddy

Yes its Grey. It had the CUP 2's fitted as an extra [£850] [On a demo I drove in Bristol it slipped and wheel spun all over in the damp/wet]
so took them off before it went on the road and put PS4's
Superb now. Will put the Cup2's on at a great price on line to clear.

Cheers Andy
PS4’s or PS4S’s?

About time you did it @paddy6789

Reactions: paddy6789

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Nice one !!!

Yes PS 4S's 235/35 19
I had PS4 on the Megane they were good enough. 235/40 18. the PS4s do not come in 18's
the S is supposed to be better.

Cheers Andy
[Its POWER that decides how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE that decides how far you you take the wall]

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Nice one !!!

Yes PS 4S's 235/35 19
I had PS4 on the Megane they were good enough. 235/40 18. the PS4s do not come in 18's

Cheers Andy
[Its POWER that decides how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE that decides how far you you take the wall]
Ever had the PS4, but the Pilot Super Sports I got for my 280 where in another league to the standard tyres. Had the Carbon 2 weeks with the Contis before I had to change them. PS4S’s where cheaper than the Super Sports so it was a no brainier to get the newer tyre.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Nice one !!!

Yes PS 4S's 235/35 19

Cheers Andy

Welcome to the fold Andy! Were you on the meganesport.net/ rsmegane forum or various Facebook pages? I got loads of stick for saying I was leaving the Megane RS for a VAG car with all the usual German sh!tbox numb-handling cr@p peddled by folk who haven't driven one before...or at least ones without the VAQ front diff.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Ever had the PS4, but the Pilot Super Sports I got for my 280 where in another league to the standard tyres. Had the Carbon 2 weeks with the Contis before I had to change them. PS4S’s where cheaper than the Super Sports so it was a no brainier to get the newer tyre.

Yes agreed. All I heard read was the Pilot SS's were not as performance or top rated as 2's 4's or 4s's. Then the recommended started flowing for 4's and 4s's. Then I read about a new hot hatch to improve it the Factory were recommended Pilot SS's fitted OE.

Welcome to the fold Andy! Were you on the meganesport.net/ rsmegane forum or various Facebook pages? I got loads of stick for saying I was leaving the Megane RS for a VAG car with all the usual German sh!tbox numb-handling cr@p peddled by folk who haven't driven one before...or at least ones without the VAQ front diff.

LOL
Yes on both, bought the Platinum membership but it is not moderated anymore.
RS forum is hopeless for techie queries.

NO I just crept away with my head down.
I mentioned I wanted a GOLF R with auto parking brake and DCC suspension and got told it was an old mans car.
Hey I AM [Silver haired Hot hatch owner]

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Yes agreed. All I heard read was the Pilot SS's were not as performance or top rated as 2's 4's or 4s's. Then the recommended started flowing for 4's and 4s's. Then I read about a new hot hatch to improve it the Factory were recommended Pilot SS's fitted OE.

LOL
Yes on both, bought the Platinum membership but it is not moderated anymore.
RS forum is hopeless for techie queries.

NO I just crept away with my head down.
I mentioned I wanted a GOLF R with auto parking brake and DCC suspension and got told it was an old mans car.
Hey I AM [Silver haired Hot hatch owner]
Not sure where you read the Pilot Super Sports where not a good tyre. They were amazing and highly rated, but they’re a previous gen tyre even if they still best some of the latest gen.

I heard the PS4S where better in almost every way. The only difference is that back to back they didn’t quite offer the tactile feel of the PSS. That being said you’d only notice it driving the tyres back to back on track, and even then it was marginal, so unlikely joe bloggs would notice.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Prob on a Megane site.
As I say It is a factory fit choice on a new Hot Hatch I read recebtly as it under performed on its original OE.
So a brilliant tyre still then.
Cheers Andy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.