Whose the youngest /oldest Cupra driver on here ?

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Just out of Interest really ;) I've always liked Hot Hatches and have had a few in my time . I could have gone over to a Beemer or something sensible but I haven't . I'm 53 now and although the Insurance Premiums don't get that much better ,I don't think I'll change in the near future :D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
That's brilliant. I hope I still love hot hatches as much at 53 :)
30 and going strong. Started hot-hatching at 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Lucky you with the R. I'm 29 with a 2009 fl Cupra. my first Leon was an 1800 SE when I was 20, then 25 when I got my LCR 225.
Haven't owned another brand since my first Leon.

C17 OFF

Jul 22, 2012
Glasgow
19 with a 1.4tsi - cant wait for the day when insurers quote me a reasonable price on something with a little more go!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
What the hell?! Guys I gotta ask about insurance out of bitter jealousy...when I was 19 I had to pay £2000 to insure me on a Rover 214si....two thousand pounds to insure me on a 1.4 that I only paid a grand for. Well done though guys, it's good to see young people in these cars. Shows that you appreciate quality and have steered aways from the Clios and Corsas.

C17 OFF

Jul 22, 2012
Glasgow
What the hell?! Guys I gotta ask about insurance out of bitter jealousy...when I was 19 I had to pay £2000 to insure me on a Rover 214si....two thousand pounds to insure me on a 1.4 that I only paid a grand for. Well done though guys, it's good to see young people in these cars. Shows that you appreciate quality and have steered aways from the Clios and Corsas.

I was the same with my first couple of years - I had a Fiesta 1.4 Ghia and my first year was £2000 then £1500 and I got the Leon tsi insured for £900 - If I wasn't paying it upfront they wanted an extra £550 a year though.

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
Got my cupra at 21 paid 1600 insurance 4 years no claims £1500 exess lol, had a d22 nissian nivara before that so bit of a change lol the Nissan was worse on fuel though £110 for 300 miles and that was when fuel was £1 a lt lol

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire

Knew what I wanted. Set my self up a strict savings plan. 9 months later the right car became available. K1 in red with dual exhaust option

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
21 here and the Seat Leon is my first hot hatch. Owned a Nissan Tiida (Versa) for a first car and a Mazda 3 for a second. Only a 1.6 MPi which I paid over 17k gbp for. :(

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
Mine's "only" an FR, so maybe I shouldn't be on this thread.

Nonetheless, I'm 31 now, and I would have been about 27 when I actually started finding that driving could be fun (This coincided with when I bought my Suzuki Swift Sport). Until then I only considered cars as a means of getting around, which may have been partly because my first car (1.0l metro, probably about 35bhp when I had it...) was a complete junker that I wouldn't trust to take me any further than I could walk back from. And still the insurance on it when I was 18 was laughably unaffordable. I actually took the bus or cycled in preference to using that car...

Last edited:

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
I asked the dealer to check if it was a real one. Was told yes but I suppose all I have to go on is there word

was one female owner before me and had a K1 badge on it. Made it seem believable

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.