Whose the youngest /oldest Cupra driver on here ?

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Good input everyone so far ;) I think 19 youngest and 57 oldest so far . Glad to see another Cupra owner in his 50's so I'm not the oldest .

I'll have to get a re map next to keep up with the youngsters ..lol

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
What the hell?! Guys I gotta ask about insurance out of bitter jealousy...when I was 19 I had to pay £2000 to insure me on a Rover 214si....two thousand pounds to insure me on a 1.4 that I only paid a grand for. Well done though guys, it's good to see young people in these cars. Shows that you appreciate quality and have steered aways from the Clios and Corsas.

Cost me £3550 to insure a 09 1.2 clio last year when i was 17. This year it cost £1250 fully comp on my own policy to insure a 1.2tsi leon. 1/3 of the price!

chris128

May 2, 2010
N.E Lincolnshire
24 (just) when I got my Leon Cupra R a few weeks ago :) I have to agree with everyone else's comments about the insurance... its £1200 for me at 24 with 5 years NCB, so how the hell some people are getting insured when they are 19 is beyond me lol when I was 19 my insurance was about £1800 on a 1.8 MG ZS :|

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
21 to insure a K1 for me was £2200 with 3 years NCB. Have an embarrassing criminal record I have to declare until the January I'm 23

That's a bargain mate. Wasn't far short of a grand to insure my Fabia 1.4 8v when I was about 21. And a cupra is considerably more than twice the car that one was!

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
35 with full no claims and it's almost 500 a year to insure.
My 1st hot hatch was a mk2 Fiesta XR2 in red when I was 19, brilliant car and was the 1st thing I ever tuned (full stage 1 rebuild)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
22 with a tfsi fr. Pay a grand for fully comp two years in a row now. Hopefully next year it will be cheaper.

It was this or same price on a saxo vts. How strange.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I asked the dealer to check if it was a real one. Was told yes but I suppose all I have to go on is there word

was one female owner before me and had a K1 badge on it. Made it seem believable

There is a sticky in this section about how to check mate. I'd recommend checking as the real K1's came with a centre exit exhaust.

As said, who gives a crap if it wasn't one of the limited editions - it's still a Cupra and a great car :)

On topic - I was followed by a red K1 this afternoon coming down the slip road to J35a on the M1. The guy driving must have easily been 65 if he was a day. His misses looked about 70! He booted it trying to keep up too - hope I'm driving like that at his age. Well done sir!

Last edited:

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
There is a sticky in this section about how to check mate. I'd recommend checking as the real K1's came with a centre exit exhaust.

As said, who gives a crap if it wasn't one of the limited editions - it's still a Cupra and a great car :)

On topic - I was followed by a red K1 this afternoon coming down the slip road to J35a on the M1. The guy driving must have easily been 65 if he was a day. His misses looked about 70! He booted it trying to keep up too - hope I'm driving like that at his age. Well done sir!

Mate im not bothered. I know my car looks sick compared to anyone round my way. The most I I've seen is mapped cupra mk1!! (I know it's mapped, sounds dirt)

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
35 with full no claims and it's almost 500 a year to insure.
My 1st hot hatch was a mk2 Fiesta XR2 in red when I was 19, brilliant car and was the 1st thing I ever tuned (full stage 1 rebuild)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Snap :) I loved mine as well ,also in Red . Went on to a XR2i .

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
Bought my fr 180 at 30 im 31 now it was the sensible choice i was thinking of buying my freinds scooby sti 330bhp but i have two kids 14 and 9 and with a scooby every one wants to race you!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise