Whose the youngest /oldest Cupra driver on here ?

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Bought my fr 180 at 30 im 31 now it was the sensible choice i was thinking of buying my freinds scooby sti 330bhp but i have two kids 14 and 9 and with a scooby every one wants to race you!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

I thought it was the other way round with a scooby mate ;) Think i'd stick with the fr .

p.s. Interesting seeing what people pay for Insurance - even though it wasn't on topic :D

Last edited:

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Although I don't drive a Cupra (yet) I started hot hatching at 23...don't think I could have anything else now other than a hot hatch :)

My insurance is only £450 on the Reference Sport...

van cleef

35 here so far from being the oldest with a newly acquired Leon cupra R (61 plate)

I'm not going to go into insurances with having 3 car's and a van.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
No doubt it's his mums car and he is illegally fronting.

I guess it only the fools like me who do it proper way an insure their car genuinely. Thats why I pay £3400 on my FR at 19 years of age. Mods declared.

Just out of interest I just did a quote on confused.com and put myself as named driver and it came out at £1050. (no mods) :rolleyes:

With a few clicks of my mouse I can save myself over 2 grand. That's a cheeky k04 conversion right there... hmmmm.

*Checks when renewal is* :whistle:

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
That's a lot. Have you tried brentache( forgets what there called) they only care about engine mods. Wheels.no.problem. lowered no problem. Plus are pretty good on price I'm gonna call them in 2 weeks as I'm up or renewal.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
No doubt it's his mums car and he is illegally fronting.

I guess it only the fools like me who do it proper way an insure their car genuinely. Thats why I pay £3400 on my FR at 19 years of age. Mods declared.

Just out of interest I just did a quote on confused.com and put myself as named driver and it came out at £1050. (no mods) :rolleyes:

With a few clicks of my mouse I can save myself over 2 grand. That's a cheeky k04 conversion right there... hmmmm.

*Checks when renewal is* :whistle:

I am too!

£3550 at 17 for a 1.2 clio
£1250 at 18 for a 1.2tsi leon.

Fully comp, own policy and declared mods!

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
It a broker mate because no where else would even give me a quote. It's through work so I can drive any vehicle that isn't my own aswell, so that is probably a big proportion of it!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I was 20 when I got my first Leon, was £800 ish. Was 25 when I got my LCR 225, was about £900. I drove past a mk6 Golf GTI over the weekend, was being.driven by an OAP, his wife was in the passenger seat. Not seen many older people around my way driving Cupras.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
The thing is with insurance, a lot of people say "I'm 17 and only driving a 1.2, how the f**k dare they ask me for X grand???" - they aren't quoting it for smashing YOUR car up, they care about the statistics of how likely a person with your details is to have an accident - what they care about is the old gentleman's 60 grand jag that you plough into whilst showing off your new set of rims to your schoolmates.

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The thing is with insurance, a lot of people say "I'm 17 and only driving a 1.2, how the f**k dare they ask me for X grand???" - they aren't quoting it for smashing YOUR car up, they care about the statistics of how likely a person with your details is to have an accident - what they care about is the old gentleman's 60 grand jag that you plough into whilst showing off your new set of rims to your schoolmates.

Exactly!

To be honest when looking for a car nearly 2 years ago we found that insurance costs were increasing as the cars value was decreasing, up to a point, of course.

It was the same to insure a 2009 1.2 dynamique tomtom clio worth £7k as it was for a 1.2 corsa from about 2001 worth £1500.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Exactly!

To be honest when looking for a car nearly 2 years ago we found that insurance costs were increasing as the cars value was decreasing, up to a point, of course.

It was the same to insure a 2009 1.2 dynamique tomtom clio worth £7k as it was for a 1.2 corsa from about 2001 worth £1500.

I found the same a few years ago when searching for insurance for a friends 2 daughters. They set a limit of £1200 and in 2003, to insure a 17yr old with a provisional lincence, the most was a 3 yr old Corsa 1.0 (group 2). Five years later for the other daughter, for the same money, they got a 3 yr old Fiesta 1.25 (group 5).
It was explained to me that it was down to higher NCAP ratings for small cars. Around 2003/4, they increased resulting in fewer payouts for injury claims (their biggest payouts) so the same car built in 2005 is cheaper to insure than one built in 2001.

Last edited:

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
I'm 25 (just) and the mrs is 23. We pay 900 for LCR with mods declared, and a Renault Clio 1.2. It's on a multicar policy which drastically lowers the price. The insurance saving we make on multicar is worth more than the Clio, which is a shed and used for work :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.