Whose the youngest /oldest Cupra driver on here ?

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I'm 25 (just) and the mrs is 23. We pay 900 for LCR with mods declared, and a Renault Clio 1.2. It's on a multicar policy which drastically lowers the price. The insurance saving we make on multicar is worth more than the Clio, which is a shed and used for work :lol:

Im 28 and Mrs 25 we pay paid 800 last renewal,

I have compared multi car policy for the last few years and they have always worked out more expensive :shrug:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
No way is that insured in your name. Companies just don't offer insurance on a car like that at your age, i know as i'm 18.

I assume the only way you have managed that is you being a named driver, on your car, which is illegal.

Can we not presume he is lying

yes it is possible, if you got enough money you can get insured on anything

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If he found a company, which will be hard, no one at all would offer me insurance for me being a main driver on a BMW X5 or porsche cayman, but would for a 330d coupe (£6600).
I did search cupras and couldn't get anywhere with it.

No one in the right mind would pay the £8000+ for a year to insure the vehicle properly

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
If he found a company, which will be hard, no one at all would offer me insurance for me being a main driver on a BMW X5 or porsche cayman, but would for a 330d coupe (£6600).
I did search cupras and couldn't get anywhere with it.

No one in the right mind would pay the £8000+ for a year to insure the vehicle properly

You would be surprised

and also a lot to do with insurance can be down to area you live in and what job you do

I just think its unfair to presume someone is lying just cos they can get something you cant

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'm not jealous mate, i'm just surprised it can be done!

Fair play if its insured properly, what i can't stand is people, like a few i know around my area, who get the cars in their parents names, insure themselves as named drivers, but use the car everyday and their parents NEVER drive it!
I agree with the area and that, it makes a big difference.

One question i do have, though, is are you supposed to change your address on your insurance for traveling to university?

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I'm not jealous mate, i'm just surprised it can be done!

Fair play if its insured properly, what i can't stand is people, like a few i know around my area, who get the cars in their parents names, insure themselves as named drivers, but use the car everyday and their parents NEVER drive it!
I agree with the area and that, it makes a big difference.

One question i do have, though, is are you supposed to change your address on your insurance for traveling to university?

Understand not being jealous but give people the benefit of the doubt first off without accusing the of doing things wrong ;)

With regards to changing your address i would say it would depend on where the car is kept

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Understand not being jealous but give people the benefit of the doubt first off without accusing the of doing things wrong ;)

With regards to changing your address i would say it would depend on where the car is kept

Car would be kept in the university accommodation, it is a gated car park with 24hour CCTV in liverpool city centre. There is huge walls around the whole complex.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Car would be kept in the university accommodation, it is a gated car park with 24hour CCTV in liverpool city centre. There is huge walls around the whole complex.

Then yes you need to inform the insurance company where the car is being kept

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
My guess is to ask the insurance company and see what they say, its not worth the risk IMO

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Right well i rang them and they wouldn't listen to what i was saying, anyway, they said if my permernant address was to change to liverpool, it would cost me another £1076 on top of the £1250 i've already paid, and thats to insure me from september to march!!!!

As far as i'm concerned my car is spending more time at home than it is at uni, so therefore my permernant address is home, and thats where it should be registered to.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire

Sounds more like a prison! Oh and are you really suprised your insurance doubled for living in Liverpool city centre?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Sounds more like a prison! Oh and are you really suprised your insurance doubled for living in Liverpool city centre?

It does doesn't it! I expected it to be higher, maybe £200-£300, but not £1076.82!
The guy i spoke to refused to acknowledge it was a secured car park rather than a 'car park'. Theres a big difference since it has big gates and CCTV etc.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
me 50 (although I will be 49 next year :p ) GF is.... well.... younger than me...
currently got FR but shortly to be replaced by a Cupra R .. :D

AdamWrady93

leon cupra k1 2.0TFSI
Aug 13, 2012
yes it is MY car not my moms and ive been driving 2 years and ive passed my advanced driving and i pay £3000 a year which isnt bad considering the car !!

AdamWrady93

leon cupra k1 2.0TFSI
Aug 13, 2012
No way is that insured in your name. Companies just don't offer insurance on a car like that at your age, i know as i'm 18.

I assume the only way you have managed that is you being a named driver, on your car, which is illegal.

Also i do have a toyota supra jap spec 3.0 n/a auto but not one insurer will insure me well they will but for £6000 lol And the only reson i got insured on my cupra k1 is because i had to build a garage on the side of my house to make sure it is secure lol it is a real piss take but im now very happy :)

Bashiee

Torque Winning - TDI
Aug 3, 2012
I dont own a cupra how ever im 20 with a leon stylance 1.9tdi :) insurance is ok on it better than me fiesta. I paid 3k when i first started driving (18) just in insurance ;) insurance is lame and its what i do for a living... gay