why can't i post pictures/ attachments

seatmk2

why carnt i post pictures on hear of my car?
is it beacuse im new?
when will it let me ?

thanks jamie

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
:) you'll come to appreciate the lack of junk/sellers/spammers/fly by night sellers littered about mainly because of the reasons above, it's setup so to keep the place cleaner for the genuine members that way

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
how to you include pics in your posts?

Just that question really it says it wants a URL http/ address. I dont know what to do the pics are on my desktop.

cheers anyone :)

andycupra

status subject to change
ok, well im sure its in the commonly asked questions section, as its certainly asked often!

Basically as this is not a commercial site and its free to use, to help keep costs down you have to open an account and host the pic on another site, (such as photobucket) and then post the IMG link from that site in a post. The photo will then show, but hosted by the other site. - dont worry you wont have to open these accounts.

If you have a photobucket account, under pics you have put into your account there will be a few links, click or copy yo IMG type link and post this in your posts.

when people first join, they cant post links, this is im sure to stop dubious members, spam etc. (after a few posts and a few days you would be ok)
But i think you have been here for some time as you have a fair few posts so this wont be a problem.

Last edited:

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
ok, well im sure its in the commonly asked questions section, as its certainly asked often!

Basically as this is not a commercial site and its free to use, to help keep costs down you have to open an account and host the pic on another site, (such as photobucket) and then post the IMG link from that site in a post. The photo will then show, but hosted by the other site. - dont worry you wont have to open these accounts.

If you have a photobucket account, under pics you have put into your account there will be a few links, click or copy yo IMG type link and post this in your posts.

when people first join, they cant post links, this is im sure to stop dubious members, spam etc. (after a few posts and a few days you would be ok)
But i think you have been here for some time as you have a fair few posts so this wont be a problem.

thanks andy that worked a treat! How come on threads like this though:-

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242707&page=13

people have actual pics you can see/click on to make bigger & it's not just a link?

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
you can use such sites to host the pic but see it as a pic on here.. personally I use 'tinypic' .. I find it relatively easy to use, and it shows pics straight on to the site

:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.