why cnt u say **?

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
I'm happy to be flexible where the majority speaks

especially when the majority makes me feel like a short arse.

i am at your disposal, you hold all the keys to all the doors on here :D

HarveyGTI

this has caused issues though as i have spotted on other threads, with removing the so called txt speak

users are posting up links to images of their car for example and contained within that line of txt (link to the pic) it has the letter you (have to say the word as the letter wont come up) and then the link does not work, as we now cannot use these types of letters for txt or abbreviated type of words

so what is the solution to that, everyone has to rename the links/names of the pics that their cars have been assigned, so it then falls in line with not using this so called txt speak on the forums

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
this has caused issues though as i have spotted on other threads, with removing the so called txt speak

users are posting up links to images of their car for example and contained within that line of txt (link to the pic) it has the letter you (have to say the word as the letter wont come up) and then the link does not work, as we now cannot use these types of letters for txt or abbreviated type of words

so what is the solution to that, everyone has to rename the links/names of the pics that their cars have been assigned, so it then falls in line with not using this so called txt speak on the forums

I have pointed that out last nite already mate. But Mork has fixed it now :clap: :clap:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Thats because he posted the photo during the crisis :lol: . If he posts it again, it will work. Look, just replace the star with a letter Y and.................

Simsyrr.jpg

HarveyGTI

Thats because he posted the photo during the crisis :lol: . If he posts it again, it will work. Look, just replace the star with a letter Y and.................

Simsyrr.jpg

and indeed, a change of service was made to the site which has caused alot of issues....

just seems very odd we are now being dictated to as to how we speak, within reason of course

so does the issue still remain, that for any posts made in the past, the change has now knocked out pics posted with one symble letters in, or is this going to be fixed as well? or do users have to repost their pics?

if a change of service is made to the customer, or us the user in this case, and it has caused wide spread issues, then expect alot of users commenting or even complaining

hence my point

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
and indeed, a change of service was made to the site which has caused alot of issues....

just seems very odd we are now being dictated to as to how we speak, within reason of course
........if a change of service is made to the customer, or us the user in this case, and it has caused wide spread issues, then expect alot of users commenting or even complaining

Don't forget we are all guests here, at the discretion of the site owners.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
only posts made while the 'uny' ban was 'on' will be affected

1) you're being encouraged to type correctly
2) you're not a customer (no transaction is made) - however I take your point that the illiterates may well complain. that's fine, because there is no need to type like a 13 yr old

HarveyGTI

Don't forget we are all guests here, at the discretion of the site owners.

no that perception is wrong IMO, without us or indeed users there would be no site, so when we point out something is wrong, within reason of course, then we are perfectly entitled to make comments and hold opinions

what i am saying here is there has to be a happy/medium on both the admin and users side, otherwise it just gets peoples backs up and feels like this is more of a dictatorship rather than an open forum or indeed having the freedom to say what you like (within forum rules of course)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
no that perception is wrong IMO, without us or indeed users there would be no site, so when we point out something is wrong, within reason of course, then we are perfectly entitled to make comments and hold opinions

what i am saying here is there has to be a happy/medium on both the admin and users side, otherwise it just gets peoples backs up and feels like this is more of a dictatorship rather than an open forum or indeed having the freedom to say what you like (within forum rules of course)

I don't think anything has changed around here. The forum is being run in the same way it always has been. We can express opinions and make comments, but we have no 'rights' or 'entitlements'. Why should we have?

I think the vast majority of subscribers are perfectly happy. :)

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
:doh: Are you trying to be funny or have you properly missed the point here? :ban:

For the record I wrote that this morning and I swear to u all that I actually done that naturally and wasn't being funny. As soon as I get on a keyboard on the net I automatically go into txt short lazy finger mode! Would be interesting to see all the instances where I have done this automatically on work/uni emails!!!

For the record I got a BB in English which was my worst grade at GSCE rest A's and A*s so I'm an educated but lazy MO FO!

Point taken and I will now be talking less lazy more English.

Check that out for mistakes.... ;)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
...For the record I got a BB in English which was my worst grade at GSCE rest A's and A*s so I'm an educated but lazy MO FO!

Point taken and I will now be talking less lazy more English.

Check that out for mistakes.... ;)

:D

For the record, I got a BB in English, which was my worst grade at GSCE. The rest were As and A*s, so I'm an educated but lazy mother ****er!
Point taken and I will now be talking less lazy, more English.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
all this is is a short sharp shock

And as suggested, if people feel uneasy typing correctly, then it's no skin of my nose if they jog on. I'd rather a site where the english is at least comprehensible, if spelt poorly than gibberish.

And you're correct SCN isn't a democracy, so is by definition a dictatorship (but one that can take idea's, criticism & praise.

There are very few sites that have been around as long as this, for free, so please give us some credit that we do have an bit of a clue as to what makes you a world #1

Mark

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
I'll admit I slip into text speak now and again, as well as poor spelling. My excuse.. I send a lot of texts and, being from Scotland, if I can compress two messages into one then of course I will. If I cant make it fit into one i make sure I use up the rest of the second message to within a character or two. So I rarely use full words in sms which sticks when posting on a forum or even sending work e-mails (oops) ;)

But if you want to be taken seriously you cant talk in text speak/ebonics etc, because it can't be read fluently by those who you want to engage with.

I imagine if I typed how I talked I wouldn't get much response from anyone south of Glasgow

A mean if a wis tae spik aboot ma car an tell ye that fan a wiz changin ma ile a wip't ma mankit hans on ma clean sark an got a hoora row fae the blone. Jist wait till she see the state o ma breeks. Some fellows may have incredible difficulty understanding me.

Censor that and I'll sue for racism :p

PS if you cant read a censored message just quote it and read the quote and all becomes clear. (i think)

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Lets not forget google and forum searches work a lot better if the correct words are used :)

Using txt speak is only going to mean in the long run the search results and google indexing will get worse, rather than better.

My 2p added to the pot :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members