why does my engine wobble help please , video

jamesey

Jan 19, 2012
hi ive got a seat leon 2006 2.0 tdi with a bkd engine and when I start up from cold I don't notice it but after driving to the shops etc and starting it from hot the engine feels like its going to drop out , it vibrates in the cab when on tick over slightly aswell , the hot start up is worse , are these cars/engines prone for engine mount problems , I can move the engine when I try and manually push it , here a vid of it doing it , hopefully it will work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8OBdFUTOA

Last edited:

jamesey

Jan 19, 2012
ive uploaded a video of my engine on start up now , if you could let me know what you think cheers

Last edited:

jamesey

Jan 19, 2012
anyone got any clues , id hate the engine to drop out on my wife doing 70 , lol

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Well, my first reaction is, that looks normal to me. So I went out and had a look at my BKD (Altea, 54-plate, 100K miles) and it wobbles a bit more than yours on start.

I don't think you are in any danger of having your engine drop out.

As to the question "why does it wobble", there is a considerable amount of kickback when the engine first fires after being turned over against the high compression inherent in diesel engines.

Mine starts first time from cold but is harder to start when hot, sometimes taking several revolutions. At the moment I'm putting this down to age. The engines, or mine, we're both getting on a bit...

Last edited:

jamesey

Jan 19, 2012
they look ok to me , I took it to a vw guy in my village he said looks normal and wouldn't worry.

Paulleon

Dec 10, 2015
Southern Ireland
Hi if feels unusually uneven when idling it could be the dual mass flywheel in trouble, I had this with a golf tdi before, it was almost like there was a miss in the engine, the dmf was so worn it had gone out of balance hence the viabration

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.