Why it's not a good idea to lower my car!!!!!!!!

Woppywop

Sorry forgot to add these to my other post!!!!

This is what I have to put up with every time I reverse up the drive!!!!

197041812RL843337989.jpg

197041714RL087327641.jpg

I did think about taking the splitter off then lowering, but not sure how this would look?!?! :think:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
when the car has occupant(s) it looks fine, i wouldnt bother fitting them unless they are fooked, now if you moved house then why not!

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
i love the way the mk1 lcr looks as standard, looks just right to me. if you can afford to do it and put up with the splitter scrapping on your drive then id say go for it!!! will look even better

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
The trick is to reverse at high speed into your driveway, then at just the right moment pull the handbrake on - the back end dips, the front end rises and you gain 25mm.

When leaving, rev to 5000rpm and dump the clutch - again the back end squats, the front end rises and you're away scott free.

Simple :rolleyes:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
why don't you get a plank of wood and every time you go to park up, stop the car before the last metre and place a plank of wood on the floor so that when the front wheels go over it it lifts the front end of the car and hopefully it wont scrape?!

ok it will be a bit annoying having to get out of you car and slide a plank of wood along the ground every time you park, but having said that some ppl have to get out of their car every time to open a gate or garage door etc! ;)

worth a try maybe to see if it works before you lower it! see how much clearance it would give you!

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
put the plank of wood under where the wheels are know... just infront of your red bricks! :yes:

197041812RL843337989.jpg

and store it on the side of your driveway next to the brick wall wen not in use!

trust me... a lowered LCR is sooooooo worth it... handles MUCH better (feels soooooooooo much more planted!), gets the power down MUCH better and looks MUCH better! :yes:

Woppywop

why don't you get a plank of wood

You know what, my mate has said that, but I'm a lazy git (got an electric garage door). I do think the car would look alright without splitter but its just something about it thats not right.

Ricki, are you saying theres 2.5" gap if I took the splitter off, that I could understand. We actually measured it after taking the photo, at the lowest point its 4ml.

Me and soon to be wife are looking for a new place (she thinks I'm looking at the houses but I'm actually looking at the driveway - need to get my prioritys right I think).

I reckon for now lower the car with Eibach Springs/Koni FSD's, take the splitter off and pop it back on when we do find a house (with a low smooth driveway).

I'll just have to put with it looking a bit odd for a while.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
why dont you take the splitter off now to see what it looks like?!

you may hate the look! in which case wait till you move house!

also you never know it may just about acrape when lowered without the splitter too!!! :blink: :doh:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Ricki, are you saying theres 2.5" gap if I took the splitter off, that I could understand. We actually measured it after taking the photo, at the lowest point its 4ml.

Me and soon to be wife are looking for a new place (she thinks I'm looking at the houses but I'm actually looking at the driveway - need to get my prioritys right I think).

no, i read the title wrong sorry, i thought you lowered it, can you come in at an angle, i do with my driveway

scnnew.jpg

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
James I have to put a plank of wood down to get onto/off my nan's drive and have to drive out of my gate with one wheel driving over the kerb to lift the front of the road. Works well. Scraped it the first time then realised how bloody low these are and use the two methods mentioned to get by.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.