Why you should use vag-com to re-set the Throttle body

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
thanks for the info. just done this on my 03 leon cupra, and now seems alot more powerful and responsive after a quick 5 min drive.

initial figures were
14.8% 84.8% 0 ADP OK
after vagcom
14.5% 85.2% 8 ADP OK

is this what to expect as a change?
also anyone in chester area need this doing i'm happy to help

mikeholroyd

Absolutely catagorically yes you definately do need VAGCOM/VCDS to reset the throttle body.

I've just had a nightmare after cleaning the throttle body on my 1.6 16V Leon. All I got was mega rough running after the clean, with fault codes showing for barometric pressure implausibility and throttle body problems.

I did try the ignition on with the door and bonnet open, and that did absolutely nothing.

I then borrowed a HEXCAN from a Briskoda member, and after 30 seconds with the laptop, the car is now running super sweet. All the fault codes were cleared, and haven't returned in the couple of days since I did the job. I only picked up the Leon last month, and from day one I always said the car did not feel like a 1.6. I now realise just how sluggish it was -- the car now feels much crisper and more responsive. I'm just interested now to see what the fuel economy is going to be like!

Mike

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
i assume using a scangauge would have the same effect as vag-com as i mite be getting one for xmas and it says can do it on there?

has anybody used one to do a TB reset with one?

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
ill look into it but im sure i read the manual for it on the website and says you could do a TB reset.
could you let us know if you find anything on yours,as be handy as i dont have vag-com.

cheers

jamiebennett81

Think I might give this a try with all the recent changes and improvements....

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
sorry my mistake im getting confused!i meant the liquid gauge,maybe getting one but the cube version that can mount like a sat nav as theres a few vag cars in the family and when get a new car it be a vag of some sort.

so let me start again,has anybody used the liquid gauge to do a TB reset?thats were i read about it on there site.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.