Will 17" alloys fit???

turbofatty

I've just bought my wife an Arosa (W plate) 1.0S but have a set of 4, 17" multispoke Golf GTi alloys in my garage that i'm storing for my bruv in law.

The all have brand new tyres on them, i was just wondering if they would fit on the Arosa, can't be arsed checking as its too cold! today!!

He took them off his Audi A4

Any advice would be greatly received :confused:

Arosa Steve

Jun 10, 2007
Sunderland Ish
Depends what the offset is m8, but there should fit no bother but there will make the car feal quite a bit slower, persanaly i don't think arosa's or lupo's look right with 17s, 16s max for me. but depends what you like there should fit no probs tho :D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
They definately wont fit 'no bother'!

Most 15" will fit easily, 16" will usually fit but may need work, 17" will require arch work to allow them to fit. Obviously all depends on width, offset and tyre sizes too.
Arosaracer has 17" on his Arosa so could probably fill you in on what work it needs.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Aye they will fit but, you will have to roll the arches. Like Nic says its alot of hassle.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
dont do it unless your rolling the arches and thats all 4,

b36b31e4.jpg

taken with my lcr on 18's

turbofatty

Chees for the info, really helpful guys!!

I don't think i'll bother even trying then, she can just keep the standard car.

I was only going to try them on coz i had them doing nowt in my garage.

Maybe something to invest in, in the future.........:)

Arosa Steve

Jun 10, 2007
Sunderland Ish
When a first got my car there were 17" wolfrace wheels on with 145x45x17 tyers and there was no rubbing or any think only tuck them off cos there looked stupid

d 90

why not try some thing a bit diffent ive got a set of 16in porsche wheels on mine. all you need is some adapter and a way you go!!!!!!!!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise