Will mk3 arches fit a mk2 ibiza

crossedmike

Right im wanting the down and out look i have it down but not out im wanting to know will the mk3 arches fit a mk2 is it not just a facelift model to the mk2s much help would be appreciated

crossedmike

hmmm im looking at rivering them on then ill smooth it over and could fill the gap :) thanks

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Just be lots of effort getting them lined up and making sure you drill the right place. The clips they come with are very good.

crossedmike

right they come with clips thats good but will still smooth over and fill dont want em coming off or cracking

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
i bought the mk3 arch extensions for my mk2. they fit spot on and the clips hold them very very well. only problem i found is that they rub like a b*tch when you drop the suspension down so i took mine off as i could get the car lower without them. annoying really as the whole idea of fitting them was to get the car lower without scrubbing. lol

crossedmike

i bought the mk3 arch extensions for my mk2. they fit spot on and the clips hold them very very well. only problem i found is that they rub like a b*tch when you drop the suspension down so i took mine off as i could get the car lower without them. annoying really as the whole idea of fitting them was to get the car lower without scrubbing. lol

Hey thanks for the help few questions I have mine lowered about 100mm I have no scrubbing or scrapping. Would it run whe. The wheel was on full lock against the side or just which the shape the where when clipped on also do you still have them or a t pics of them

And honestly how good did it look :)

skwaggles

Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
will try get some pics up 2mo mate. i think it looked real nice. it joins the bumper edges and sideskirts together perfect. mines dropped 120 at the back with 17's and no scrubbing until i put the arches on. one of the clips was touching the tyre wall and the bottom lip digs in too. tried jacking suspension up 40 mil and still same probs :( also if like me you've rolled your arches back, they can be a bit of a pig to try get the clips to attach. as for the front. i got about a 70 mil drop and no issues with the arches even on full lock. just looks naff having the fronts on and the backs off. at the mo there just sat in the garage, might look and see if i can cut the bottom of the arch off and find a way to stick them on. after closer reading of the instructions, there designed to go on with standard suspension height and with archliners, etc still on the car. kinda defies the point in wanting wide arches if you ask me though...............

crossedmike

Ahh right as you say pointless to have arches on a car unless its. Low lol and I only have 15s so got no trouble lol but my arches are standard no roling as small wheels but can imagion looks well

skwaggles

Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
might get away with 15's mate. how wide are your wheels? mine are 7" i reckon 6.5's and below would be fine? whereabouts are you? your welcome to come trial fit them on your motor to see what they look like on yours?

crossedmike

I live in west Yorkshire Leeds I think it is 6 I'm not sure ill double checck when I get car back where abouts you from

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise