will there be a 3.0tdi?

liverpoolsteve

SEAT UK declined the opportunity to bring the 1.6 & 1.8TSi engines into the UK. They have told us that they only want to bring in 2 engines for this car - the 2.0 CRDi in 120 PS, 143 PS & 170 PS variants & 2.0 TSi.

Steve
Liverpool SEAT

liverpoolsteve

There was a rumour that it would be the 1.8 TSi 160 PS as found in the Altea XL, seems I stand corrected and that it is going to be 1.8T 150 PS engine after all.

Steve

Leonidas

There was a rumour that it would be the 1.8 TSi 160 PS as found in the Altea XL, seems I stand corrected and that it is going to be 1.8T 150 PS engine after all.

Steve

well i wish the rumour was correct cause them engines are far behind the competition at this stage. It should have been 1.4TSi 125ps and 1.8TSi 160ps. The 1.6 and the 1.8T hav as much co2's as the 2.0TSi aswel.............:confused:

what engines are avalible?

AT the moment the only definite engine choices will be the 200PS petrol and the 120, 143 and 170 Tdi although not all these will be available at launch. As to the 3.0TDi, I think the answer is; there is no answer!

This is a completely new market for SEAT and they're going to monitor demand and not take any risks. It seems they've learned their lesson from the Cordoba, Toledo and Freetrack fiascos and will hedge their bets very carefully.

I've been told they are "looking at 4 wheel drive, DSG and maybe a bigger diesel" all pretty sensible ideas but if they said to me that I had to buy a 3.0Tdi demo at £25K+ I'd be telling them to go forth and multiply!

Last edited:

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
Agreed, it's a nice looking car. Basically it's an Audi A4 with a "cheaper" label on it. :)

I'll be on the lookout for one in a few years on the used car scene.

Leonidas

I doubt SEAT will be allowed that engine. I heard Audi will use it again for the new RS4(Updated of course).

CHR15-53AT

:cry: your probably right lol aww well im sure someone out there with some spare cash might fancy an engine transplant, not much point like, might as well buy the Audi lol, but hay it would be different, Hmmm what about some tunning garage doing a one off W12 or W16:drool: ... i predict a big project in the future :D

Leonidas

Sure ya never no. In the future they might do one with Audi's new 2.5TSi [:@] with 4wd.
And maby even a Black front(like bocanegra)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i doubt SEAT will add any more engines to the line-up...they always have the tendancy to use the same engines and tweak them producing better engine performance without affecting other parameters too badly

psimperson

I've got a feeling that Seat might launch more engines but its only a feeling

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
I highly doubt the top of the range TDI from the A4 will end up in the exeo. Audi always keep the very best for themselves.

I'd like to see a 2.5 5-cyl diesel. Now they've gone back to doing a straight 5s like the engine in the new TT RS It would make sense to do a diesel one. Might be too long for the engine bay but if they did it I'd fancy one, would be better on fuel than a V6 without many drawbacks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.