Will these speakers fit behind the doorcards?

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Hey guys, this is for my mk4 TDi with 16.5cm speakers and 2.5cm tweeters?

I'm looking at getting this HU http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/7937.htmlAnyone got it and how do you rate it?

I'm also thinking that the HU alone won't make any difference, so do i amp the standard speakers for upgrade to new components? If an upgrade should be done what can i get for about £80. They can also be cheaper or slightly more expensive.

Also posted in ICE section but i didn't even know it was there so just think i might get more response here.

Edit: HU ordered i want these speakers and comps now - but will they fit behind my doorcard? http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dynamics-sd62-p-5523.html

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
i'm pretty sure somebody on these mk4 forums has that HU

i really like pioneer myself, every HU ive had has been fantastic. its all i buy
________
EAT *****

Last edited:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i would say go with one of the better models above that one and spend slightly more leaving the standard speakers, they're pretty good unless if you're REALLY into your sound...but thats my opinion

gus

Jun 27, 2006
i think the cde-9882ri is ine wicked unit if u do have a liitle more to spend then do it mate. the spr-17 s or spr-17s are some brillaint speakers which wouls comliment that head unit but the choice is urs .......

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
i'm pretty sure somebody on these mk4 forums has that HU

that would be me...fitted ti a few weeks ago. i cant fault it at all really, lots of options for adjusting the sound. only thing i did have to buy for that was an adaptor for the aerial as it wont fit in the back of the Pioneer head unit.....is only £4 from Halfords.

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
i would say go with one of the better models above that one and spend slightly more leaving the standard speakers, they're pretty good unless if you're REALLY into your sound...but thats my opinion

I just have the 130tdi not sure my speakers are as good as the FR?

I like the looks of the pioneer better but the alpine is nice as well!

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i prefer Pioneers to Alpines myself, i only chose my unit because you can change the light colour to match, has ipod control, and wired remote all in one. I suggest upgrading the speakers, the paper units wont take anymore than it already can do, especially the rear speakers (have you seen the size of the magnets?!?!) Saying that the front components were almost ok.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
16.5 fit just get the thinnest depth as that is the worry of the window glass hitting it. Have fun drilling out the stupid rivets in the crappy standard paper speakers!

the standard speakers aren't bad at all really, they actually sound pretty good when amped up! :)

The rivets are a pain in the ass it has to be said. You'll need a pair of baffles to fit those speakers. My speakers are 68mm mounting depth and just about fit with a 1" mdf baffle but its very tight.

roboftherangers

Yeah u'll need to fit mdf or speaker adapters, i used VW lupo speaker adapters (needed a little bit of adjustment). But got 17cm with depth of 67mm fitted now theres probably another cm of room available before it gets in the way of the window

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
So would you suggest amping the standard speakers? So all i need to do is get some mdf and cut a circular frame for the speaker. ( i don't want to cut the doorcards or anything i want them to be hidden ).

I've heard these speakers are good for the money and have a very good base aswell.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
they dont really need to be amped unless u have a loud sub in the boot aswell sound quality will be better if they was amped.... but its ur choice after all you will be the one taking ur car appart putting an amp in!

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Well i was told i would really need an amp with these speakers to get the full potential out of them and to sound good.

I will need to get a mate to help as i couldn't do it - the amp won't have any Fancy build it will just sit in the boot rattling about :p IS installing an amp alot of work?

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
So you guys recon the speakers with my new HU and without an amp would be a good improvement over standard. By adapters do you mean the mounting brackets i will need?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise