will these wheels fit?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Those wont as they are from a Leon, which has 5 wheel bolts. You need wheels with the following:

• 4x100 PCD (this means it has 4 bolts, the correct distance apart)
  • Centre Bore of 51.7 (this is the hole in the middle of the wheel. You can get wheels with a larger centre bore, but you will need some spigot rings to reduce the size before you can fit them)
  • Offset or ET of between 35 and 42 (this is all to do wwith how far the mounting face of the wheel is from the centre line of the wheel itself - I've never understood it myself fully!)
  • There is also the issue of width to consider, but so long as you don't go much over 6.5-7 you should be okay (eg. my Borbets are 15x7 and they fit perfectly, although a 16x7 wheel might cause problems)
  • In addition, on an Arosa you don't really want to be going over 16" as they start getting a bit too big and you'll need to start fiddling with the arches.

Don't worry if none of it makes sense, you'll pick it up after a while. Until then, use those points above to find suitable looking wheels, and ask if you're not sure :)

Bower

thanks fella
i relly wanted to keep the wheels seat, plus i dont have a lot to spend :cry:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I'm not a fella ;)

How much do you have to spend? You can fit wheels from an Arosa, Ibizas (except the newset models I think), VW Lupo or Polo to widen your range a bit more.

Bower

sorry lol
i spose i should have guessed with spyro as your avatar

i worry about buying the cheapo wheels for about £300 as they may be a bit weak n buckle

hence why i was looking at second hand stuff

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
It depends on the brand really - do some searches (on here and google) and see what others have experienced.

For Example I bought my white alloys (Team Dynamics Monzas) for £125 second hand a couple of years ago - I think they are about £350 a set new - and I've had no problems with them. I regularly have to drive over potholes and rough roads, and I had a bit of a major accident last year when I mounted a kerb head on and went into a lampost.....and they are still on the car and perfectly balanced!!
So some makes are pretty tough :)

p.s. Yes, I love Spyro, it's about the right level of brain power for me :happy:

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
I wouldnt fit anything bigger than a 15 inch rim, 13, 14 or 15 inch will be grand. Plenty of wheels bargains about, just keep your eyes open. Always plenty of rims on edition 38, clublupo etc..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members