Will this EGT fit?

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Anyone know if this will this fit an LCR?

p2020129.jpg

Cheers

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
It looks right but can't find what car it comes from. I have found out however that there are two sensors, black and brown, which makes my search even more difficult.

I have found sensors with same part number except the letter on the end, which were for S4/RS4.

Even if the above fits, won't the temperature ranges be different?

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I think (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) it measures the temperature of the exhaust gases to make sure the turbo isn't running too hot.
If it is running too hot or the sensor is faulty, then it pulls back timing and puts the engine into a sort of limp mode so the turbo doesn't melt! That's my amateur understanding anyway.

I think I might have to buy new from the dealers but it's so expensive, and just found out there's 2 of them!:censored:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I think (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) it measures the temperature of the exhaust gases to make sure the turbo isn't running too hot.
If it is running too hot or the sensor is faulty, then it pulls back timing and puts the engine into a sort of limp mode so the turbo doesn't melt! That's my amateur understanding anyway.

I think I might have to buy new from the dealers but it's so expensive, and just found out there's 2 of them!:censored:

It reduces injector duty if the gases are too hot to cool the mani and turbo down to avoid damage.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.