Wills Ibiza Fr Tdi - Hybrid, S3 brakes, Cone

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Thought I better put a thread up for my new car as i have nothing better to do at 2am :lol:

Just bought it and loving it!

Its a 2005 FR TDI in Grey with facelift front bumper, 89k on the clock for a decent price, needs a bit of attention paintwork wise but alot of it I should be able to get out with good polish!

Will get some pics up asap once its had a proper clean and it stops raining for 5 mins!

To do list
(already getting a bit long considering I told myself I wouldnt spend too much on this car!)

Done:
312mm S3 brake setup
Pipercross 200x200mm cone
Hybrid turbo
Crankcase redirect
HIDs
Clean engine bay !!!
Private Plate
Tint rear lights
Led sidelights
Interior lights
Numberplate lights
Vinyl bumper (behind plate)
Dewiper
Aero Wipers
Double Din - App radio 2 (with ARLiberator running on phone for full android interface and control)
Bluetooth OBD2 (to display through Torque on double din)
Handsfree
Fr badge on boot
Puddle lights
LCR splitter

To do:
Turn down egr/Delete kit
Remap
Clutch
Tints
Disable selective locking (pain in the arse)
Boot light
RARB
Give good detail
Cupra rear bumper

The above is likely to take a while to complete considering the current lack of funds and job!! (can see half my student loan being blown on it and then starving for half the term ;) )

Anything else i should add to the list?

ill post pics soon!

Last edited:

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Ye 130 brake is quite nice ;) bit of an upgrade from the 1.4!

Just bought some 312mm carriers and calipers for what i think is a decent price [B)] and Ill give them a bit of refurb and spray them! (just got to source some discs and hoses and decent fluid now because they didnt come with them)

OH god my bank account is already hating my new car and i havent even had it a week yet!

Must stop spending (ebay is dangerous!! :lol:)

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
As it was on and off with the rain couldn't give it a polish today so decided to clean up the bay abit :)

568516b0-a9f2-3945.jpg

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Cheers for the comments :)

Technique was just damp/wet soapy sponge to get rid of muck and grime and then when that had dried i just sprayed some autoglym tyre dressing onto a cloth and wiped over surfaces that looked like they could do with a bit of life!

Last edited:

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Few pics, albeit terrible ones as it had just started raining!

Ill take better ones sometime, only half finished claying and giving quick hand polish... so needs more work!
Probs next weekend if its good weather ill crack the rotary out and give it a spin over!

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

ignore the wheels ;) (i did :lol: wasnt gonna clean them in the rain, they need a bloody good refurb anyway, or replacing!)
photo3.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Ye rapid is definitely the plan! Already surprises quite a few people but needs more go! The pd160 intake is the only problem! I just cant justify spending £70 on a piece if plastic pipe :(

Thinking about picking up spare pd130 from scrappy and then cutting it up and chucking most of it away and remaking the pipe out of fibreglass..... (no idea if this will work! Also never fibreglassed anything before but gotta be worth a bash!)

Thinking tt comps or vrs alloys atm...(edit: just seen you suggested same ones lool! Not sure if they are a bit overplayed though... )

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Ye rapid is definitely the plan! Already surprises quite a few people but needs more go! The pd160 intake is the only problem! I just cant justify spending £70 on a piece if plastic pipe :(

Thinking about picking up spare pd130 from scrappy and then cutting it up and chucking most of it away and remaking the pipe out of fibreglass..... (no idea if this will work! Also never fibreglassed anything before but gotta be worth a bash!)

Thinking tt comps or vrs alloys atm...(edit: just seen you suggested same ones lool! Not sure if they are a bit overplayed though... )

they are over played ;)

try something different,

in all honest the pd160 intake makes no difference at all until you get the car mapped and even then it will only add a couple of BHP if that

should keep it sleeper, and please remove the FR badges off the B pillars i have no clue to why SEAT did that lol :cartman:

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Oooh thats interesting! Thats the first time ive read anybody say that about pd160 intake... (usually everybody seems to be saying its a must have which for £70 I cant see!)
Will try some cheaper options to increase intake size first.....

Want to get the most power possible out of engine so every little bit helps i guess! Just missed a green panel filter on ebay i want because i was too distracted on here reading threads :doh:

I quite like the fr badges on pillars tbh.. may remove at some point though once i get a few more mods rolling! problem is car has to be properly fast to be a sleeper imo ! I dont have a remap yet so mine isnt even on the way there! :lol:

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I have got a newer idea for your intake pipe instead of the pd 160 maybe price up the pipe fro
The tip to the maff sensor on the pd160 look at my tread at the botto
Pics that pipe is what I have used its a very tight fit but it does the job plus it's actually bigger than the pd160 intake pipe.
I don't know how much it is but it's got to be cheeper that 70 pound and it's very oem looking ull see on my RR

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Thanks an interesting solution! Might look into that! Cant decided between open cone and panel.... have been reading opinions on it for the last hour or so and what i have concluded is that it really makes pretty much no difference! Just got to find the cheapest option :p

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Thanks an interesting solution! Might look into that! Cant decided between open cone and panel.... have been reading opinions on it for the last hour or so and what i have concluded is that it really makes pretty much no difference! Just got to find the cheapest option :p

Just what ever takes your fancy I have looked into it all carried out verious test and decided cone and free flowing pipe is the best thing for me but that's just my reasons. There is loads of combos about it all. Just it comes down to personal prefrance at the end of the day

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Oooh thats interesting! Thats the first time ive read anybody say that about pd160 intake... (usually everybody seems to be saying its a must have which for £70 I cant see!)
Will try some cheaper options to increase intake size first.....

Want to get the most power possible out of engine so every little bit helps i guess! Just missed a green panel filter on ebay i want because i was too distracted on here reading threads :doh:

I quite like the fr badges on pillars tbh.. may remove at some point though once i get a few more mods rolling! problem is car has to be properly fast to be a sleeper imo ! I dont have a remap yet so mine isnt even on the way there! :lol:

Well max power is about 300bhp and you will require DEEP pockets to get there, I fitted the pd160 intake when they were still cheapish £30 and felt no difference, when mapped I got an added 5bhp or there abouts hardly worth it especially not for £70 or whatever there selling for now

tapaspoke on Xperia Arc S

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
ye Im not going for massive power (although I would love to!) as I definately dont have big enough pockets for that!

power wise atm... filter, intake, remap, (mayb exhaust when i can afford), and thats probs it..

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Opinions on wheel colour needed! I am going to refurb (myself) my current fr wheels as cannot afford to buy new ones at the minute but not sure what colour, White, black or dark grey? (or any other colour you can think of?!) another one I thought was mayb bright orange but it's a bit loud and think I would get bored quite quickly!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.