Wills Ibiza Fr Tdi - Hybrid, S3 brakes, Cone

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Ye I'm leaning toward anthracite/dark grey or orange atm... (or somehow a combo of the two!)

Just had a little surprise arrive :)
568516b0-2313-1bf5.jpg

Wasnt expecting them til next week so thats awesome! Sadly have no time this weekend to sort them out so will have to wait il next week!

Bit disappointed all my bits from ECP haven't arrived cos was hoping to change fuel filter, pollen filter and rear pads today!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
More goodies just arrived :)
568516b0-3f39-0618.jpg

I am having second thoughts about the brakes though! They will def fit under my fr alloys? (I have the older style alloys (I think)) they seem massive!!!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Been pretty busy but have done a couple of things, first off experimented and made this... (hate windscreen suction mounts)
569ba496-8653-8eb2.jpg

And also refurb my new brakes in red ready to be fitted but garage is busy til 22nd so will have to wait til then unless I go somewhere else ... (might phone around a get a few quotes tomorrow), they quoted me £120 to fit the 312s, replace rear pads, and bleed entire system and replace fluid... (with me supplying all parts and fluid) is that reasonable?

Also my private plate is now fitted but think I'm gonna vinyl behind the front one got a bit of black lying around so why not! Undecided whether to run no front plate tbh... Looks much nicer!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
312's fitted!

Just got back from garage after getting brakes fitted, very happy, they obviously need to bed in a bit but they are 100x better than standard and look much better too :)

C3641AFE-9209-463B-BF97-419056B85E43-10450-000002A87BE86FE0.jpg

5686a1eb-781f-2a0b.jpg

Speaking to guy who did brakes after he took car for drive to make sure brakes were all sound, he reckons it has a map on it already :( they are revo dealers so i got him to check if it had revo one (which it didnt) soo dunno what to do really, guess the next step is to put it on a rolling road and see what she makes.

If it already has a map then i still want more power so Seat sport intercooler, decat, stage 2 map, new clutch (current is screwed, slips like crazy in 2nd and 3rd). But all that will have to wait til i get some money because im broke atm, cant even afford to get it on a rolling road :(

Last edited:

ACGTRIDER

Apr 8, 2012
looks very nice indeed, i was looking at a 312mm conversion for my Fr tdi are they alot better ?

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Thanks! Ye I would say it makes quite a big difference, they haven't bedded in properly yet but none the less they are very good!
(I can't really compare to decent condition standard brakes as my standard pads were gonnnneee and same with discs)

Last edited:

ACGTRIDER

Apr 8, 2012
ah sweet sounds good i just updated my thread now as i havnt in ages if you want a look :p will defo look into this conversion, btw i fitted kw variants and they are fantastic :)

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
I'll have a gander when I get home in a bit! That's good to hear, lowering is definitely on cards, when was being lowered off ramps at garage I was willing it to keep going down aha! (shouldn't have left the factory with this tractor ride height imo!)

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Get some badass wheels infront of them;)

Badass wheels are a must, if somebody could just leave some nice xxr 527s on my doorstep i wouldnt complain :p

Im after peoples thoughts on black vinyl roof and spoiler? As i have run out of moneys i might give it a go soon! did my mates polo a couple of years ago and turned out alright...

Getting my lcr splitter from my old car back at weekend :D mate i sold it to has fixed it up and is selling car so said i could have splitter back! Woop! Thinking im gonna paint it gloss black as its scuffed to hell!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
fitted my splitter today, and also vinyled behind the plate in black, but ran out of light to do strip at bottom of bumper....

Also got a free open cone filter from a mate so stuck that on and kinda placed it in the bottom of the old air box, does make quite a difference to sound but i removed it as not sure I want it really! quite interesting to see though how much difference it makes, sounds a lot louder, with bonnet open it sounds like vader haha!

Will probs just get green cotton one.... at somepoint when i can scrap the pennies together!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members