Wills Ibiza Fr Tdi - Hybrid, S3 brakes, Cone

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Tinted Rear Lights

First mod for a while! tinted rear lights today! (only cheap ebay film but turned out alright i think!)
completely changes rear of car!

noPlate_zps84e17ded.jpg

289DF6E3-3181-47E9-9891-D39AD4C77F48-4300-0000021C80CF7BF7.jpg

and side repeaters til i find time to spray them...

C874658B-B2DC-40E8-B4EF-FDBFD0CC4F53-4300-0000021C89C0F221.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

IBIZA_B3N

Lovely car mate, really like those rear tinted lights. How are they holding up, I've found some cheap tints on eBay but I'm sure they won't even stick to the lights with the amount of money they cost.

What have you got planned for it next, what has happened to the VRS alloys? Have you had it remapped yet? I've heard the clutches struggle with the extra power, have you uprated the clutch?

I'm considering buying an Ibiza but I'm not quite sure if I want an FR or a Cupra, the difference in power would be nice but apart from that I'm not seeing the advantages. I've also looked at the 1.8 turbos and took one for a test drive a few days ago, but it almost seemed a bit slow until I took it higher up the rev range and it then seemed to go but I wasn't too impressed. What's the derv like low down in the revs, I'd quite like something that will get going quickly in any gear if you know what I mean.

Also how do you clean around the backs of wheels with those brakes, I struggle with the ones on my Micra as it is and they are like jam jar lids. A tooth brush seems to work quite well.

Anyway mate, lovely car, I'll keep you up to date with my progress on changing my lovely Micra.

P.S

Have an ' for the title, you appear to be lacking in one.

IBIZA_B3N

Also, don't know how to edit, but the back off sticker, where do I gain access to one? I can't stand people sitting so close behind me in my Micra, trundling along at a good 35mph, and some to$$er comes flying up behind. I normally drop it down a few and soon see them off, but the sticker would add to the power this message gives out.

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Few toys arrived!

So just got home and some of the bits and pieces ive been waiting for have arrived. Although really annoyingly ([:@]) not the turbo feed pipe. Was planning on fitting turbo in morning but might have to put that off now :(

All the bits (that have arrived)
DSC_0075_zpsjckxxkfa.jpg

Pipercross 200x200mm

IMG-20140131-WA0017_zpsthrqlw23.jpg

Hybrid tubby!

IMG-20140131-WA0015_zpsrwo2dpfg.jpg

Last edited:

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Fitted turbo at weekend but ran into a problem with sump, it was cross threaded when plug was put in last and so I am going to have to replace it now.

The turbo fitting was a bit of a learning curve and definitely the biggest job i've taken on mechanically so far! Really enjoy it though tbh and its satisfying having completed it...

I think I will make a guide of how to fit it if i get round to it, took a few pics along the way, admittedly not many. Once you know what your taking off its not too tricky!

Damage to old turbo (bit of a relief as I didnt really do a lot to check turbo was actually gone, apart from get excited about hybrid turbo and burn through my credit limit)
DSC_0094_zps55685426.jpg

Side by side comparison. before clocking new one...
DSC_0087_zps699c8a99.jpg

Saw this in sainsburys carpark whilst on a 'snack break' from fitting... was very amusing until woman who owned it came back and caught use taking pics :lol:
DSC_0086_zpsb0081193.jpg

Random pic of car from ages ago that I like
ibiza2_zps02a9eb5e.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members