Wills MK3 Ibiza 1.4 - Coilies fitted!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Hi all I have been looking around the site for a while now and have tried to answer/help with any questions I can and obviously ask my fair share of questions but thought it was about time I started a thread for my car! Yay!

I have a Seat Ibiza MK3 1.4 Chill (first car!!) and love it.
It has about 80K on the clock now and has had a fair few problems since I bought!

The day after i bought it!:
DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

A trip down to Devon for a family holiday whilst i was still learning to drive (the lanes were interesting!)
008.jpg

004.jpg

I have however got a bit sucked in by the modding bug (as much as you can without a job atm!!!)

And start to do a few things:

iphone dock
IMG_0277.jpg

£20 6x9s!!
023.jpg

Pioneer Avic f500bt (got rid of now because couldn't cleanly integrate without wires everywhere)
0022.jpg

Load of stuff sitting in my room! (Splitter, Cupra suspension and new alloys!)
IMG_0179.jpg

Cupra grill (sprayed black):
IMG_0113.jpg

Debadge Back
IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Current Mods:

Exterior:
Cupra Grill
Alloys (not really sure what!) + locking nuts
Debadge
Aero Wipers
Stubby aerial
Seat dustcaps

Interior:
Refurbed door grab handles
Mats
Dension iphone vent mount (really cool! just sucks onto back of phone!)
Gear knob
Suede roof
ICE: Xcarlink (bluetooth), Kenwood 6x9s, cheapo kenwood 17cm in doors, JBL sub and amp.

Future/Planned mods!

Colour code front bumper and cut out. - done
Fit LCR splitter - done
Lower on weitec gt coilovers or Cupra suspension and lowering springs (can't decide!)
Dewiper - done
Detail
colour code mirrors
matt black vinyl pillars - done
Cold air feed
Upgraded air filter - done
Smooth airbox (?)
New HU (if can decide on where I am going to put it!)
20mm rear spacers
Sort remote locking
Tint windows - done
HIDs
Cupra Spoiler (If i can find one in black!)
:)
Catch tank

My limits are the cost and insurance!! ouch!

Last edited:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Looking good mate! Like the wheels, works well.

Good idea removing that screen, looked a bit out of place.

Looks like a nice clean example you've got! Makes me miss my old 1.4 ibiza mk3... until I remember how dreadful my engine was and how it eventually just fell apart!!! Excellent for a first car though.

Got much else planned for it?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Ha, you answered my question as I was typing.

Future mods look good, although wouldn't bother with smoothing air box. I tried it with mine and didn't really make any difference.

K&N panel filter gave a nice noise and I suppose slightly better acceleration. I tried induction kit and it sounded amazing, but suffered from heat soak quite badly.

Have you got full cupra suspension or just springs? I tried lowering springs and was brilliant for a while, but then just literally ended up shaking the car apart as I hadn't upgraded the rest of the suspension!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Thanks! :)

Yeh I wasnt sure about the smooth airbox but now you have said that i probably wont bother!!

Yep I have full cupra suspension sitting in bedroom! just got to get lowering springs and sort out insurance if its going to cost a lot more i wont do it :(

Can barely afford petrol right now as it is! let alone much higher insurance!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Looking good mate! Like the wheels, works well.

Good idea removing that screen, looked a bit out of place.

Looks like a nice clean example you've got! Makes me miss my old 1.4 ibiza mk3... until I remember how dreadful my engine was and how it eventually just fell apart!!! Excellent for a first car though.

Got much else planned for it?

Had to replace clutch and now its almost undriveable since i went through a large puddle but sure once i get this sort i will love it again! (when I'm making contant trips to garage to sort problems kinda puts me off the car :p )

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Hey mate.. That looks like a nice car you've got there.. And some nice plans too..
Your subject/title says 1.4 on a budget, but all you have done so far is buy parts lmfao.. Looks awesome though, and have a lot of similar plans for our cars.. Cupra spoiler certainly changed the rear of my car.. And I have cupra suspension, it doesnt look lower at the front, but it handles like an absolute dream!! Definately faster than all of my mates cars in the corners!!
Your Gearbox is knackered? Mine too mate, I need to source one quick time.. It sounds terrible, and now crunches through the gears.. TBH, the clutch could do with replacing too..
Oh well lmao..

Happy Modding mate!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Thanks! :) Your car looks lovely! (the colour i wanted aswell!, but i like my black now! ;) )

Yeh it does seem like i have just been buying parts but the only thing that really cost me much was the alloys!

Yeh well my gearbox seems ok atm (touch wood!) but I was really worried before when my engine mount snapped because the gearbox came out of position so couldnt select gears :p the mechanic checked the gearbox over and said the bearing in 5th was on its way out but I will run it til it breaks! (not point fixing something thats not broken :) ).

Cant decide whether to go with cupra suspension and 1.4 lowering springs or budget raceland coilies?!

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Oh quick update!:

Fitted some new sport air filters in college car park!!

Will see if there is any difference on the way home!

anyone know what the white/yellow gunk is that is in my breather pipe???

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
I dont know if people will really read this but I may aswell just post updates anyway! :p

Dewipered!
IMG_0277-1.jpg

And new number plate bulbs! gonna see if i can get the light to spread more evenly with the canny use of a bit of tin foil ;)

Car.jpg

I cant get the damn sidelight bulbs out! Have pulled as hard as i can and they arn't having any of it! ?

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Few updates!

Done a bit of painting recently!

First I did the drum brakes because they were all rusty.

Before:
IMG_0337.jpg

During:

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of them with wheels back on :rolleyes:

And then I did the mod to the 1.4 bumper, cut out and paint lower section and then finally fitted my LCR splitter!

Before:
IMG_0345.jpg

During:
IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

After!:
IMG_0351.jpg

Think it looks better now because eats into that gap between bottom of bumper and ground :lol:

What do you think?!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Wow, amazing progress so far :D looks so much different already. Tis starting to look very Leon-y. I love that paint job, big difference

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Looks awesome fella!! Loving the front end now... Did you end up going for the cupra suspension?

Thank you :) Yeh i think that it has made quite a bit of difference to the front!

I haven't gone for the cupra suspension 'yet'! I'm desperate to lower it on coilovers but can't do that until I have sold my old moped! Im very tempted to put the cupra suspension on just to improve handling, but then I have to buy new top mounts and bearings etc.... (must check how much they are actually!)

Think the next thing I will do is backbox if I can find one for a sensible price! Also think it really needs a cupra spoiler!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
You dont need to change your top mounts mate. I didnt and theyre fine.. Why dont you try powerflow for a backbox dude.. Head good things about them, and will more than likely will go there myself.. You definately need a cupra spoiler!! That changed my car a lot!! If you find one in grey, let me know, because I have one in black.. Im going to paint it anyway so if you cant, dont worry lol..

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
OH really! I may have to fit it then! might do it tomorrow if I can get the right tools together!
I'll definitely contact you if I find a grey one (me thinks that is very unlikely though!)

I have found a company selling backbox's on ebay for £40 + £15 postage so may well get one from there... I will check out powerflow though!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Powerflow do custom boxes.. So if you want one that isnt chavilly loud, and pops and bangs when your in second and you take it to about 40 and then jump off the accelerator, powerflow are awesome.. They arent the cheapest though mate.. But deffffoo worth it..