Wind noise on new Seat Leon

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Have a look at PeoplePerHour.com Pay somebody £5 or something to translate what you want into German properly and then post it in the forum.

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Have a look at PeoplePerHour.com Pay somebody £5 or something to translate what you want into German properly and then post it in the forum.

Never thought of that. We do have German investment guys here at work, I will send him my post and find out what I'm actually asking lol. Like you mentioned previously I have no real idea what im asking them .

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
SEAT UK are now up to speed on the issue, so if you are experiencing this as well just let them know..:thumbup:

No more phone calls to German dealers or utterings of "thats your turbo mate".

I am a bit miffed that I had to have a disagreement with he dealer in the first place, but I have to give credit to SEAT UK for looking further into my "claims" of this being a front grill issue. Well done SEAT UK [B)]:thumbup:

My car goes in on the 1st October to have the grill "modified" and the vibration/rattle coming from my front dash (and all round to the drivers door) looked at and fixed as well.

I feel I have finally got somewhere and hope that the next person who reports this problem doesnt have to go through the same rigmarole I did.

B0nk3r5

jlav

Hi B0nk3r5.

I just bought my Seat Leon 2013 a few months ago and now I have the exact same issue that you have had with your car, that it whistles when it hits around 60 mph.

Could you please tell me more specific what/where the problem was and how they fixed the issue? and the details to the dealer that fixed it (phone number, website etc)?

I am going to my local Seat dealer here in Denmark tomorrow to talk to him about this issue and it will be very great to have the answer to the problem before going there.

I hope you get to see my post before then :)

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
SEAT UK are now up to speed on the issue, so if you are experiencing this as well just let them know..:thumbup:

No more phone calls to German dealers or utterings of "thats your turbo mate".

I am a bit miffed that I had to have a disagreement with he dealer in the first place, but I have to give credit to SEAT UK for looking further into my "claims" of this being a front grill issue. Well done SEAT UK [B)]:thumbup:

My car goes in on the 1st October to have the grill "modified" and the vibration/rattle coming from my front dash (and all round to the drivers door) looked at and fixed as well.

I feel I have finally got somewhere and hope that the next person who reports this problem doesnt have to go through the same rigmarole I did.

B0nk3r5

Hi B0nk3r5,

I'm getting the rattling from the front dash as well, have the dealers given you any indication of what could be the cause? My is in next week to be looked at I'll post what the findings are.

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Hi B0nk3r5.

I just bought my Seat Leon 2013 a few months ago and now I have the exact same issue that you have had with your car, that it whistles when it hits around 60 mph.

Could you please tell me more specific what/where the problem was and how they fixed the issue? and the details to the dealer that fixed it (phone number, website etc)?

I am going to my local Seat dealer here in Denmark tomorrow to talk to him about this issue and it will be very great to have the answer to the problem before going there.

I hope you get to see my post before then :)

Hi mate,

I just got my car back tonight from Fife Seat here in Scotland. There is a grill modification where they remove the grill and re adjust it somehow. They didn't know about this fix and dismissed it as turbo noise at first. However I kept digging and discovered with the help of members here, that the German seat forums already knew about this problem and the dealers where already clued up.

SEATUK are now aware of the issue and you can get your dealers to contact the service manager at my local dealers here:
http://www.fifeseat.co.uk/contact/

Nice bunch,

Or they can call SEAT Uk directly.

Only drove a short distance home so can't confirm if it's fixed. Will post in a few days when I'm confident that it's all good again, or otherwise.

jlav

Hi Mate

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I will take this with to my local Seat dealer here tomorrow, so he can see that this has been a problem for some of the new Seat Leons.

The noise/whistle is already very annoying, so I hope that they will fix it tomorrow and I that your car has been fixed proberly and the problem won't come back.

I hope you will post an update in a few days when you have had the chance to drive some more.

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Hi Mate

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I will take this with to my local Seat dealer here tomorrow, so he can see that this has been a problem for some of the new Seat Leons.

The noise/whistle is already very annoying, so I hope that they will fix it tomorrow and I that your car has been fixed proberly and the problem won't come back.

I hope you will post an update in a few days when you have had the chance to drive some more.

Will do :thumbup:

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Hi B0nk3r5,

I'm getting the rattling from the front dash as well, have the dealers given you any indication of what could be the cause? My is in next week to be looked at I'll post what the findings are.

Forgot to ask them what they did to fix it. The surround plastic in font of the Perspex plastic thingy, that sits in font do the dials (speedo etc) was rattling away and it continued all the way to and including the drivers door.

Only a short journey home and the car didn't get a chance to heat up either, so can't tell yet if it's cured. Will post back when I know for sure :)

jlav

Thank you so much.

As you mention it, It seems like I have the same problem with the rattling in the front dash as you, mainly in low reps.

I will have them check this out as well.

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Grill mod appears to have worked. No more whistling :)

They have fixed the vibrating dash but i'm still getting some on the drivers door and some along the passenger side, so will have to have the car booked back in for that.

B0nk3r5

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Got mine going in next week. Identified one rattle, it’s the cowling in front of the dials, put your finger on it and it stops.

Haven't managed to diagnose the other general dash rattle.

Also noticed a new strange noise coming from the front of the car when the front wheels go off of a speed bump and lastly mine seems to have developed a creaking clutch pedal.

Don't get me wrong I love the car but I think the Spaniards could do with some more German help / guidance when it comes to fit and finish

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Got mine going in next week. Identified one rattle, it’s the cowling in front of the dials, put your finger on it and it stops.

Haven't managed to diagnose the other general dash rattle.

Also noticed a new strange noise coming from the front of the car when the front wheels go off of a speed bump and lastly mine seems to have developed a creaking clutch pedal.

Don't get me wrong I love the car but I think the Spaniards could do with some more German help / guidance when it comes to fit and finish

Hope they get it fixed. Mine is booked back in for next week as well. I have driven 2 BMW 1 series and they were very rattly inside to the point of distraction, so even so called prestige cars have their problems with noisy interiors.

However I am of the opinion that a new car should not be like that and especially when it wasnt like that new. Luckily the interiors of the seats arent very complicated so quieting it up shouldnt be a big hassle for dealers to fix. I too love my car and find the combi of comfort and handling totally spot on. Reminds me a little of the mk2 focus handling, that was spot on as well.

B0nk3r5

jlav

Hello all.

Just a quick update about my Seat Leon here in Denmark.

As written in a previous post, last friday I went to the loal dealer and talked to the owner and he said that they could not do anything unless there was some official claim/statement from Seat regarding this problem. At first I was a little disappointed and I said that it could take a long tome before something could happen.

We agreed that I should write him a mail about the problem with the noise and he would then right away forward with my complaint to see if this could help to make it an official claim from Seat or make them aware of the problem at least, so later last Friday I wrote the mail explaining my problem (and included the links from here and the German site that also knows about this problem).

Already Tuesday this week I got a call from the dealer and he said that it already was an official claim from Seat and it had been since June 2013. So they could now fix my problem :D.

I now have a time to get it fixed Tuesday next week, that is the first day I am able to take the car to the dealer since they called. I can't tell you how happy I was about that phonecall.

So I hope that my problem with the whistling noise will go away also, but I can first post something about at the end of last week when I have had a chance to drive a while in the car after they hopefully fix the problem on Tuesday.

I will update when I know more :)

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hope they get it fixed. Mine is booked back in for next week as well. I have driven 2 BMW 1 series and they were very rattly inside to the point of distraction, so even so called prestige cars have their problems with noisy interiors.

However I am of the opinion that a new car should not be like that and especially when it wasnt like that new. Luckily the interiors of the seats arent very complicated so quieting it up shouldnt be a big hassle for dealers to fix. I too love my car and find the combi of comfort and handling totally spot on. Reminds me a little of the mk2 focus handling, that was spot on as well.

B0nk3r5

Hey bonkers, picked my leon up yesterday and also noticed a cheeky rattling on the drivers door! Nothing major but a bit irritating! Let me know how you get on fixing yours. I'm due my 48 hour curtesy call on Monday so will mention it to the dealers then and see what they say :)

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Hey bonkers, picked my leon up yesterday and also noticed a cheeky rattling on the drivers door! Nothing major but a bit irritating! Let me know how you get on fixing yours. I'm due my 48 hour curtesy call on Monday so will mention it to the dealers then and see what they say :)

Will do, dropping the car off tomorrow night to the dealers, will report back when I get it back. However the last couple of days its went quiet for a bit. Drivers door still makes a noise but not as much as before. Dont know if the change in temps has helped. If thats the case it will come back soon enough.

Some members of my family might have bought a leon if it wasnt for the whistling and rattling so Its a shame that they have lost business because of this. They will end up at either Toyota or Ford for their next car.

Whistling is still gone so I am a happy bunny :D and I will still buy another Leon if I had to do it again.

B0nk3r5

billynoband

Hello, this is my first post as I came across it while searching for wind noise. I have this coming from both front doors around the wing mirror or door pillor,or pillar abouve 60mph.
Not as annoying for me though as my altea is used and was cheap.

jlav

Hello all.

I was at my local Seat dealer last Tuesday to get the problem fixed. It took about 20 minutes and then we took a quick testdrive and there was no whistle noise :)

From what I know they adjusted the front grill a little forward and changed two bolts around the grill as well.

I have now been driving a week in a car with conditions equal to previous situations where it whistled before and since they fixed it last Tuesday it has been COMPLETELY gone the whistle noise, I am so happy about it :) The car is so amazing now.

I received the notice from the dealer of what they had done (no charge of course) and it says that they fixed it according to "TPI 2034268/1".

This I assume is the offical claim number from Seat regarding this problem, so I hope this can help you others who have this whistle problem with the 2013 Seat Leon.

My problem seems to have gone completely :)

jlav

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
Hello all.

I was at my local Seat dealer last Tuesday to get the problem fixed. It took about 20 minutes and then we took a quick testdrive and there was no whistle noise :)

From what I know they adjusted the front grill a little forward and changed two bolts around the grill as well.

I have now been driving a week in a car with conditions equal to previous situations where it whistled before and since they fixed it last Tuesday it has been COMPLETELY gone the whistle noise, I am so happy about it :) The car is so amazing now.

I received the notice from the dealer of what they had done (no charge of course) and it says that they fixed it according to "TPI 2034268/1".

This I assume is the offical claim number from Seat regarding this problem, so I hope this can help you others who have this whistle problem with the 2013 Seat Leon.

My problem seems to have gone completely :)

jlav

Glad to hear it mate :) Mine has been fine too, such an easy fix and hopefully all dealers now are aware.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise