Wind noise on new Seat Leon

stevefitz1959

Feb 27, 2017
I had a problem with wind noise drivers side on my 2014 Leon SC FR. The dealer cured it and told me that they had done something behind the door card. Not sure what, but I suspect additional sound proofing material. Subsequently the door card never fitted flush to the door at the top right hand corner. Just had it sorted with a completely new door card. Turns out they had snapped a bracket on the original door card when they removed it!

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
Put my car into the dealer on Monday about a wind/whistling noise above 55mph ish coming from the drivers door right where my ear is at. Got it back Wednesday with no fix but an acknowledgement that there is a problem (gee thanks!).

They have taken a video of it and sent it to Seat's Engineers who will hopefully be able to provide them with the solution. I'll keep the thread updated if they manage to sort it, not got high hopes to be honest.

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
I had wind noise above 55mph too (drivers door) in 2017 Leon from car rental company.. I think that my car which I ordered will be free from this issue : -)

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I had this on my old Mk3. It was a really poorly fitted seal that runs along the inside of the door - it almost "sagged" right in the corner. I actually just glued it in place... not a great solution if it ever needs to be removed but it certainly fixed the wind noise :p

I really struggled to find a picture that would illustrate where it is (I no longer have the car) but this should give an idea:

qUKoX7l.png

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.