Window switches stuck / loose

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Afternoon all, I had my driver side (right) door card off to get do a wing mirror replacement.

I was gentle, no clips broken and I refitted the door card. However since then, I noticed the window switches seemed loose and they didn't have their full up and down movement. When lifting the switch up to close the window it would sink into the door card.

I took the door card back off, located the switch unit behind the door card and could see every time I lifted the window switch up (to close the window) the bottom of the black unit would pop off. Hence why the window switches have dropped "through the bottom" of the unit as they're not being supported.

See videos for example of what I'm trying to explain. As a quick fix, I have wedged a thick piece of tissue underneath the black box unit to prop it up, and keep the bottom of it closed, so the switches are now back in normal position, are doing their full movement of up and down... But has anyone experienced this and know why it's happened? I didn't even touch the switches or touch that area of the door card for anything to break?

IMG_20200525_150730~2.jpg

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Looks like there's some play on the other side unless you were just clicking that button so the pressure was there.
I'm wondering whether the clips should overhang the 3 rectangular holes, maybe the tabs have broken off.

Are you able to take a pic with the top part of the box removed so can see how long the locking tabs extend.

Then see if you can find the part on the net and see what it should look like

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
That was me operating the passenger window switch, from the driver side control panel.

It seems a clip has broken underneath the passenger window switch. So when I lift the switch up or down, the pressure causes the bottom of the black box to pop out and it causes the other switches to sink.

I cant take the box out, because it would entail dismantling the door card pieces. So far it's fixed with tissue rolled up tightly underneath it acting as a support.... But not sure how long that will last as a resolution.

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Tissue has come loose. Surprise. And now the window switches are sinking again.

The window switch housing has a bottom thar clips off and from the video, you can see the clip has broken. So when putting pressure on the window switch, especially the passenger window switch, the bottom pops off which means the switches sink into the housing.

No idea how to resolve this, anyone had experience?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.