Window Washers and Clutch

arosadude

May 18, 2011
East Midlands
My first quip is with the window washers, my rear one refuses to work at all, and my front one's requir 1.5litres of washer fluid before any sprays (Pathetically) on to the windscreen.

After this happened i opened the bonnet to find my battery (and the area around it) sopping wet in washer fluid and the area under the car covered in fluid.

The leak seems to be coming from somewhere under/around the washer fluid bottle itself.

--

Then there's the clutch, it works fine when driving but when pushing the pedal down there is a slight 'Area of resistance' and a small 'click' that can be heard when the pedal is pushed past it, this does not happen when releasing the pedal - Although i often get jolty gear changes and engine breaking? a problem i did not have with my last arossa (prehaps iv'e forgot how to drive)

Could this indicate a clutch cable problem?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh the cable might be on it's last legs and ready to snap by the sounds of it, I would consider just replacing it if it's cheap enough anyway. As for the washer bottle, maybe the pump isn't pushed in properly, the seal for the pump is damaged or the bottle is just plain burst.:)

arosadude

May 18, 2011
East Midlands
Yeh the cable might be on it's last legs and ready to snap by the sounds of it, I would consider just replacing it if it's cheap enough anyway. As for the washer bottle, maybe the pump isn't pushed in properly, the seal for the pump is damaged or the bottle is just plain burst.:)

Damn, only had the car around 2 weeks and the cable felt find when i purchased it. any idea how much i would be looking at for a cable? never had one replaced before? can it be a DIY job?

I'll try and take the bottle out and have a look, hope it's just a loose pump! Poor man's wages! can't afford any expensive work!

Thank's for the advice anyway :) appreciated.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I would've thought it'd around the £10-£20 mark for the cable and then get someone to give you a hand, I can't see it being that difficult to do. Also you can check the ends while you have it off to make sure it is on its way out, usually some broken strands and the coating coming off.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
No idea, I don't take my car in to get anything done, if I need to I just get stuck in and figure it out but there's not much to the clutch cable. Have you been through the faq bits for the diferent cars on the home page? The ibiza would be pretty much the same too.:)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
It could be one of the connector hoses. Mine keeps popping off, there is one towards the bottom of the tank. Worth trying that and putting a bit of electrical tape around it to hold it into position. Sometimes the pressure of the water running through makes it come off.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.