Window Wiper Sticking

einwod

hi I have recently purchased a 2006 (Jan) 95000+miles 2.0 tdi Sport for the missus. She doesnt do aload of miles but i couldn't resist the car. Recently i notied the drivers wiper arm sticks in place allowing only the passengers to wipe. Question is 1.are the two wipers linked, 2. is it the splines, 3. is it a short or bad connection or 4 have i got major problems?

any help would be appreciated

toledo399

wipers

Answer to your questions:

1. They are linked using a single motor,
2. Worn spline in the wiper arm is most probable cause or even a loose nut (if you are lucky). Alternatively the spline on the shaft has worn. Worst case scenario a damaged linkage.
3. Not likely to be electrical as one wiper works.
4. Only if the problem is with the linkage.

einwod

Thanks`

Cheers for the info

Do you have a clue how to go about finding the spline etc and getting the linkage checked the wiper started working again and when not on will not move which makes me think is a loose nut hopefully but where is it

toledo399

At the base of the wiper arm there is a black cap. The nut is underneath this cap. Trust this helps.

einwod

Just for info the spline wasnt the issue here, i took the car to Seat Belfast and after 1 hrs labour it was fixed afer being checked etc, they didnt know what it was about but its still working, i think it was the sensor from one motor to the other not connected properly

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.