Windows not opening off key fob?!

capewelln

May 11, 2014
Wolverhampton
Hi all.... Again.... Cars being a nightmare atm problem after problem, my car went to seat with a starter issue last week, last night I went to put my window down whilst driving...

Usually I only have to tap the window switch down once and the rest of the window comes down automatically, but this wasn't the case, I closed the window and did what I usually do when setting a window reg at work I closed the window and held the switch up for a few seconds, I tapped It down and it was back to normal... Happy days, when I got home I checked if my windows would open off the key fob like they used to..... They didn't!

Is there any way you can solve this without using vagcom etc because I really can't be bothered to mess about taking it back to seat missing time off work and going without my car for the day.... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capewelln

May 11, 2014
Wolverhampton
Yeah I held the unlock button on the fob down for about 10 seconds the red light on the fob was flashing but nothing from the windows as they used to come down after about 3 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Sorry if this is silly. But I thought I was having issues with it. But I've worked out that you need to do the following:

Windows down:

1. Unlock the car (even if it's already unlocked).
2. Let go of all buttons.
3. Hold the unlock button down and the windows should start to go down.

Windows up:

1. Lock the car (even if it's already locked).
2. Let go of all buttons.
3. Hold the lock button down and the windows should start to go up.

The whole locking/unlocking and letting go first is the key. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.