Windows steaming up?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I have this recurring problem daily, not sure why it’s doing it and how to get rid of it though, unless I use the AC but don’t want to use the AC all the time as that uses more energy from the car which in turn uses more fuel (I think).

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
20180916/2a18716ed4fa3a5246ae985bab39be2e.jpg
11b0e562fc5488ef4ff945ec69a15291.jpg

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I have this recurring problem daily, not sure why it’s doing it and how to get rid of it though, unless I use the AC but don’t want to use the AC all the time as that uses more energy from the car which in turn uses more fuel (I think).

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
20180916/2a18716ed4fa3a5246ae985bab39be2e.jpg
11b0e562fc5488ef4ff945ec69a15291.jpg

a9222d3e73af7070b9559dea57299bbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foad88

Oct 19, 2016
From the imageiit looks like that dial is split in two

Top is front
Bottom which is itiis rear

Reactions: Walone

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Oh I see, I’ll give that a go cheers

0b1c9e142aad7313a0d3c9f5b8d02b90.jpg

So the top bit of the dial does get rid of the steamed up windscreen, however it only works if it’s on the max setting and full power to the blowers, doesn’t work if it’s on any other setting for the blower, as well as it blowing boiling hot air throughout the car.

My old ibiza just had a button to get rid of it all and it sorted it first time

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So the top bit of the dial does get rid of the steamed up windscreen, however it only works if it’s on the max setting and full power to the blowers, doesn’t work if it’s on any other setting for the blower, as well as it blowing boiling hot air throughout the car.

That’s the idea. It’s a RAPID demist which means it turns the fan on full and at the heat you have selected. It shouldn’t need to be on for much time so shouldn’t really blow much heat into the car itself. However you will benefit from it in winter with defrosting the windscreen and warming the car up...as well as those heated seats.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I agree with Pew. It's supposed to be better for the AC system to leave it on all the time. Although I usually have temp set to 19 degrees.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I agree with others heated ac will be best for screen. Use the quick demist initially and then I find auto mode in low 20s keeps screen clear

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thanks for all the replies, will leave the AC on all the time then. If my fuel drops rapidly I’ll be billing you all directly

Reactions: Leonfr140

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks for all the replies, will leave the AC on all the time then. If my fuel drops rapidly I’ll be billing you all directly

I leave the aircon on all the time for exactly this problem. Apparently when your doing motorway, aircon takes very little extra fuel. It's in traffic it's supposed to make the difference. But I tried it over a week with the aircon off and saved about 2mpg on my daily commute.

However, I've just applied the Gyeon interior anti-fog coating, it's only been on a couple of days so I'll see how it goes. But for £8 might be worth giving it a go (rain-x do one as well which is supposed to be good).

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I leave the aircon on all the time for exactly this problem. Apparently when your doing motorway, aircon takes very little extra fuel. It's in traffic it's supposed to make the difference. But I tried it over a week with the aircon off and saved about 2mpg on my daily commute.

However, I've just applied the Gyeon interior anti-fog coating, it's only been on a couple of days so I'll see how it goes. But for £8 might be worth giving it a go (rain-x do one as well which is supposed to be good).

Hmm not too bad then really in the rand scheme of things, I’ve used rain X before so will look into the anti-for stuff

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I use one of those demister pads, and it tends to somewhat sort the problem (windows steam up to a lesser extent. However I only have the manual AC, and I just turn the dial to front window, and AC turns on automatically and problem solved for a bit...like 10 mins.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
My misses has a 2 year old astra which suffers from bad condensation overnight. It was taking an age to clear windscreen in morning and steamed up easily when driving. I ended up buying her a demist pad to leave in car overnight and it apparently absorbs moisture. It has an indicator to let you know when its full of moisture and needs a blast in the microwave to burn off all excess moisture. It's been a great buy and worked a treat as the car steams up far less now. I'll see if I can find a link for the pad.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
I always used to drive with the Aircon off but then found that whenever I did use it I got that horrible fusty smell because it wasn't being used. It's on all the time now and I don't really notice any difference in mpg.
I had to use one of those foam cleaners with the long straw down the air vents to get the smell out of the car. It was totally rank..... but at least it's sorted now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
My air con has never been off since I picked the car up a year and a half ago. I still get misting overnight but not whilst driving.

I have one of the demister pouch things noted above but can't say I've noticed it actually doing anything tbh. Even tried leaving it on the dash and the windscreen still mists up over night. Not been too bad yet as it's still reasonably warm but as soon as the temp drops the mist starts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.