Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Windscreen is smearing

Discussion in 'Car Care and Detailing' started by rf860, Aug 12, 2011.

1. rf860

rf860 Active Member

As above, with the window wipers on any speed, i get a horrible smearing directy in my view. The wipers are new so not down to them. I don't use any cleaning products on my windscreen, only car wash to the correct dilution. Any advice on how to remove this, i've heard vinegar will work on the wipers?

2. jonjay

jonjay 50 Years of 911

Its not the wipers if they are new. Clean with with normal window cleaner or vineger. You could even clay the windscreen.

3. alx_chung

alx_chung Dark Lord of the Torque

What Jonjay said. Another good thing to use that I found is Barkeeper's Friend (its about £2 from Tesco/Asda) Just put a teaspoon of it onto a damp microfibre and then work it onto the windscreen in a circular motion, wait about 2 mins and then rinse off with water. Repeat until all the grime etc goes away. I used it to remove some dried in APC marks from my windscreen the other day.
    Alex

4. Veyron

Veyron Active Member

Mine does this since fitting aero arms, i think its a dsign fault