Windscreen washer fluid level

May 4, 2019
Hello mates,
I tried to find out how to check windscreen fluid level in the new seat Ibiza FR, but i can't find nothing.
I can't see the fluid, or see if it's in its maximum or minimal level.

If anyone have an idea, I will be appreciated.
IMG_20190526_170820_823.jpg

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
I have FR version with LED headlights ofcourse, and there is no indicator when fluid is empty...

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Which isn't available in the UK on the Ibiza, unfortunately. IMO it should be on the FR Sport and Xcellence Lux, but ah well!

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Hi, I have to make a correction my Ibiza don´t have windscreen fluid level warning, I let the fluid run out and it make no warning and I have led lights and winter pack so I think that Ibiza doesn't have it.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Headlamp washers are a requirement on bi-xenons, but not on LEDs (something to do with total light output from a single 'bulb', as LEDs use a matrix of 'bulbs' I believe)

Winter Pack in VAG speak is typically heated seats, heated washer jets, washer fluid levels, and headlamp washers. The latter seems to have been ditched from the latest generation of small cars- certainly, it's not listed in the Winter Pack available on the Ibiza in Ireland, or on the Polo and T-Cross here in the UK.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Prior to the Ibiza, I had a 63 plate Mk3 Leon SE Tech, with LED headlights (6 individual lights per headlight), headlight washers, but no winter pack.....subsequent Leons they removed the headlight washers, unless with winterpack. Maybe Seat were playing it safe as it was the first LED headlight equipted Leon, to keep the washers there just in case.

So both my previous Seats would ping when washer reserviour was low..

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Way back in 2002, my wife bought a new Polo with winter pack, so that car came with headlight washers, bigger fluid tank but no low fluid warning! My 2000 Passat had HIDs from new but no winter pack, so it got headlight washers, bigger fluid tank and low fluid warning, except that feature was not enabled in that car, so I switched it on using VAG-COM only after running out of fluid on a long motorway journey in winter!!
It seems silly that that 2002 Polo did not have a low fluid sensor in the tank as that low fluid sensor does 2 things, it disables the wash function for the headlights and warns you the fluid is low, I'm guessing that as that 2002 Polo would run the windscreen washers out of fluid as the fluid level dropped!
My wife's 2015 Polo came with LED headlights and winter pack so it has headlight washers, I really do need to check to see if a fluid level sensor is fitted to the fluid tank!
Seems a lot of people have been disappointed by the dropping of the headlight washer in winter packs and with LEDs, I always found that VW Group headlight washer systems have been very effective especially in winter time, so leaving them out for current Polo, Ibiza etc is being a mean.

Edit:- as for the level indictor issue, that is also a bit mean, with my 2011 S4 the washer reservoir pipework is hidden so you need to play safe and fill it up to the top before going on a long journey, the 2015 Polo is different as the pipework is more exposed and so you can look and see if the fluid is not at a sensible level and refill. Some car makers used to provide a reservoir cap/cover with a built in flexible rubber dip stick, that was a good idea until the rubber dip stick came loose and fell down into the reservoir, though as VW Group tend to supply a retained cap/cover, that would not work too well.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The only time I tried it (by accident) a bird pooed on my windscreen at night, so I ignited the washers to wash away the poo (and headlight washers too), was wondering why people crossing in front of me, jumped away (like when you spray water at a cat).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.