windscreen wiper clearance

boxylady

Jun 12, 2016
is it just my car 99' Alhambra or is there an issue with the wipers not clearing the last 6-7inches on the drivers side windscreen! I find it quite distracting that this area never seems to get cleared and as the lead wiper is the passenger side it's not as if you can adjust the wipres to sweep wider, anyone else have this issue and have a way to fix it. thanks:cry:

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
if the wiper parks correctly at bottom of stroke I would not alter the position of wiper. If the wiper goes further than it should at bottom of the screen on wipe then you can remove the nut holding the wiper arm, prise off arm gently and reposition further around on splines. You could do this even if the wiper does not go to far at end of stroke and split the difference of the area not being wiped so that you have some unwiped area at both ends of the stroke.
The wiper mechanisms on these car are prone to rusting up of the spindle shafts. I would firstly try spraying some WD 40 into the spindle shafts over a few days and give the wipers a try after each spraying. If this does not work you will have to remove wiper mechanism and gently remove shaft from spindle case/ clean off any rust and re assemble with some copper grease. I did the strip down on my first Alhambra and it lasted for the next 6 years.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.