Windscreen wiper fault

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Hello everyone. Glad i found this website:lol:

I have an 05 altea 1.9TDI, just bought from Sidlow near Gatwick.

I seem to have a problem with one of the wipers. When they go to rest (and tuck themselves in the pillar) the nearside one is catching on the plastic shroud above it. Its right at the top of the windscreen and seems to be the bit of plastic on the end of the actual blade. It makes a noise that I can hear in the cabin, a sort of "clunk".

It is more noisy when they are on setting 2 and 3. In this, case it seems to hit the plastic shroud slightly and makes a bit of a clunk each time it reaches the pillar shroud. The other side is as quiet as a mouse:D

Anyone had this?

Car is under warranty still, should i take it back in.

Thanks.

Tell

Staff member
Try putting it in service mode, says how to do it in the manual and see if the blades are fitted correctly if they are then you got some other problem. Somebody may have changed them and they aren't correctly in the right place or someone grabbed hold of them etc and yanked pulling them out of the seating ?.

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Thanks Tell.

Done that already. Checked out how they fit in on both sides and all seems like its correctly seated.

So your's dont do this then i guess.

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Just to add this was fixed by the dealer. they adjusted the wiper blade and all is well......

Only thing is, i'd like to know what they did so i could put it on here for others if they have the same problem;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.