Windscreen wiper fluid level too low

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
On pages 70 and 117 in the manual it says that there should be a windscreen wiper fluid level control lamp. It doesn't have an asterisk near it which means that it should be in all models.

It doesn't turn on why turn the ignition key (right before I start my car) and it doesn't turn on when there is no wiper fluid whatsoever.

Has anyone seen it on?

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yes, definitely works on my car. I would have posted a picture but I filled the screenwash this morning...

It flashes up a message on the MFD, then leaves a light permanently lit below until you refill it.

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Do you have headlight washers?

Yes I do. With previous VW's the low washer water warning was part of the winter pack, and I have a suspicion that the cars that got the headlight washers actually got the winter pack, minus the heated seats. I'm trying to confirm this as I want to do the washer jet mod.

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
Yes I do. With previous VW's the low washer water warning was part of the winter pack, and I have a suspicion that the cars that got the headlight washers actually got the winter pack, minus the heated seats. I'm trying to confirm this as I want to do the washer jet mod.

In the manual, all features that are optional are marked with an asterisk. This warning light is not marked with an asterisk which means it should be related to any pack, but is expected to come with all models.

Does anyone without the headlight washers seen it?

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I do have this with the winter pack. Permanent orange triangle, pop up display in the centre with a bing bong every 10 miles or so and shows vehicle status on the centre screen by default when switched on.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
No. Is that related?
In the UK at least I heard its part of the winter pack (or if you had headlight washers).

So if you have headlight washers you have a larger capacity washer fluid reservoir and the sensor to show low fluid warning.
If you don't have the headlight washers then you have a smaller capacity reservoir and no fluid sensor.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
That's what pops up on mine :)

null_zps0b2d444e.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.