Windscreen wiper fluid level too low

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
There is no level sensor in the wash bottle on the non winterpack or late model LEON's. Probably saved SEAT £2.00 a throw. Retrofit possible if the wiring is in the loom already.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Well, on the way to work this morning mine popped up the washer fluid low warning briefly and the yellow triangle is illuminated in the dash.

My car was built 08.10.14 but does have the Winter Pack.

Update - took almost 5 litres to fill up this evening. I'd better bulk buy screen wash or get VCDS and turn down how often the headlight washers fire up !

Last edited:

FR Keef

Well, on the way to work this morning mine popped up the washer fluid low warning briefly and the yellow triangle is illuminated in the dash.

My car was built 08.10.14 but does have the Winter Pack.

Update - took almost 5 litres to fill up this evening. I'd better bulk buy screen wash or get VCDS and turn down how often the headlight washers fire up !

Mine was built 15.09.14, I feel really seen off, no washer fluid low warning and no auto dipping wing mirror for reversing!! :(

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Mine was built 15.09.14, I feel really seen off, no washer fluid low warning and no auto dipping wing mirror for reversing!! :(

You should have the auto dipping wing mirror with that build date. Maybe its just not set.
With ignition on, and mirror switch set to L, put car in reverse and move to the dipped position that you want.
Should move back up once you disengage reverse - although sometimes i find it stays down until you're moving off forwards again and sometimes it comes up after a few seconds of delay from disengaging reverse..

FR Keef

You should have the auto dipping wing mirror with that build date. Maybe its just not set.
With ignition on, and mirror switch set to L, put car in reverse and move to the dipped position that you want.
Should move back up once you disengage reverse - although sometimes i find it stays down until you're moving off forwards again and sometimes it comes up after a few seconds of delay from disengaging reverse..

Hey, Yeah i've tried all that though SEAT rang me a few weeks ago to see how the car was and I asked about that and he said it wasn't fitted to my car at the time, oh well! :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members