Windscreen wiper noise.

Gregbar

Jan 25, 2016
Can anyone help? My wipers are making what I can only explain as a dragging noise across the screen. I have put oe wipers on and valeo. Still the same. I don’t use rainex. I have used window polish, which works for about two day. The noise is getting to me now. I don’t know what else to try. It’s been like this for about 12 months.
Leon fr+ 2011. Thanks.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just a random thought, when you rub your finger across from the non wiped area to the wiped area is there a change in texture/feeling? Could you have a layer of crud that the polish hasn't removed like spray on wax or something?

I've got (not used yet) a caramics glass kit from auto finesse which has 3 stages I think to cleaning the window which may or may not help... When on offer it's £26 I think.

Does the back window do it aswell?

Gregbar

Jan 25, 2016
Just a random thought, when you rub your finger across from the non wiped area to the wiped area is there a change in texture/feeling? Could you have a layer of crud that the polish hasn't removed like spray on wax or something?

I've got (not used yet) a caramics glass kit from auto finesse which has 3 stages I think to cleaning the window which may or may not help... When on offer it's £26 I think.

Does the back window do it aswell?
Hi. No the back window is fine. I’ll have a look at the texture later.
I’ve taken a video of the noise but I’m inable to upload it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi. No the back window is fine. I’ll have a look at the texture later.
I’ve taken a video of the noise but I’m inable to upload it.
Upload it to YouTube and then use the movie reel icon next to thr picture one should get it uploaded.

Gregbar

Jan 25, 2016
Can anyone help? My wipers are making what I can only explain as a dragging noise across the screen. I have put oe wipers on and valeo. Still the same. I don’t use rainex. I have used window polish, which works for about two day. The noise is getting to me now. I don’t know what else to try. It’s been like this for about 12 months.
Leon fr+ 2011. Thanks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.