Windscreen wipers

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
I've recently changed my passaged side wiper linkage now I've found that as my wipers swipe down they are hitting each other in the middle of the screen. I've had to take the passenger side off now to stop this happening and the driver side is acting weird parks at the bottom of the screen and does 1 swipe as I pull away. Does anyone know how to correct this cheers.

FR676

Kressu
Dec 21, 2014
Finland
I've recently changed my passaged side wiper linkage now I've found that as my wipers swipe down they are hitting each other in the middle of the screen. I've had to take the passenger side off now to stop this happening and the driver side is acting weird parks at the bottom of the screen and does 1 swipe as I pull away. Does anyone know how to correct this cheers.
Do you still have this issue, or did you solve it? I’m struggling with the same issue...

FR676

Kressu
Dec 21, 2014
Finland
Yeah it turned out my passenger wiper motor was faulty put a second hand one on and now it's fine
Well good!

I’m having still problems with mine. Changed drivers linkage to new oem part, also changed the motor to used one (almost new). Now the drivers side wipes only half way. I checked the fault codes with vcds, and it says that passenger side motor has some fault? In the same time passenger side wiper works correctly in my opinion? Any ideas?

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
My only suggestion would be that if vcds is saying the passenger motor has a fault then try changing the motor because I found that because there was a fault with the passenger motor it was making the drivers one not work properly.

Seatdownhere

Apr 6, 2018
Well good!

I’m having still problems with mine. Changed drivers linkage to new oem part, also changed the motor to used one (almost new). Now the drivers side wipes only half way. I checked the fault codes with vcds, and it says that passenger side motor has some fault? In the same time passenger side wiper works correctly in my opinion? Any ideas?

Did you manage to get this fixed? My passenger side has stopped working because:
Replaced linkage connected to old motor, this worked but the wiper arm was banging against the pillar
Swapped in the new motor, and passenger side wouldn't move, just clicking sound and driver side going to service position (at the bottom), and wiping erratically.
Put old motor back in, same thing with the wrong park position.
Disconnected battery and connected - both motors working correctly (could see top of linkage plate rotating correctly)
Put arms back on.. and passenger side stops working again??!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.