Winter tyres and Rim protection

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Right - I'm thinking of switching over to winter tyres soon, most probably the Michelin PA4s, Nokian WRA3, Dunlop 4D or Conti TS830P.

Lots of reviews which explains the various pluses and minuses (often contradictory!) but one thing which would be good is to get one with maximum rim protection on them - but I can't seem to find details of comparative rim protection of these.

Does anyone have a link to a site that can help me in this respect OR does anyone have any of the above tyres (they will be going on 18 inch rims) and so can they post a pic/measure any mm overhang etc.

Cheers!

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Right - I'm thinking of switching over to winter tyres soon, most probably the Michelin PA4s, Nokian WRA3, Dunlop 4D or Conti TS830P.

Lots of reviews which explains the various pluses and minuses (often contradictory!) but one thing which would be good is to get one with maximum rim protection on them - but I can't seem to find details of comparative rim protection of these.

Does anyone have a link to a site that can help me in this respect OR does anyone have any of the above tyres (they will be going on 18 inch rims) and so can they post a pic/measure any mm overhang etc.

Cheers!

Does anyone here have Michelin PA4s, Nokian WRA3, Dunlop 4D or Conti TS830Ps on their car?