Winter tyres

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Well I got the tyres fitted yesterday and have to say the difference is quite noticeable (wasn't expecting that :redface:).

Can anyone advise on the best tyre pressure to run these at (or winter tyres in general)?

BTW it's a 2010 FL FR diesel.

TIA

Bruce

Ironically I asked the same question today:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144819&page=7

From what I've found its either the same as usual or a couple of PSI more.

You could refer to the hand book as someone pointed out a couple of weeks ago (+2/3 PSI)

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
anybody used the nankang Snow SV-2 winter tyres before, ive ordered them off the back of a few internet reviews ive read. always used vredestein snowtrac and wintrac in the past so im a bit dubious of my choice now

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I asked Continental's tech support about pressures this morning, they say to use the standard pressures.

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Well I'm so pleased I kept my old fr alloys now and used them for winter Tyres. Arrived Tuesday fitted wed and swapped with my good wheels this arvo. Snowing like hell up my way tonight and loads of confidence on a 20 mile trip home from teeside to co Durham at 11 tonight. Thanks everyone for advice and thanks to nokian for making what looks like a really good tyre :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Had my first (slightly) snowy drive in the Ecomotive this morning and barely noticed the snow. It's weird how winter tyres are still not very popular. :confused:

Its odd...

Managed to convince a friend to get them on his 1 series, which are notoriously bad in snow, hes fitted 4 x Vredestein Wintrac 3 and its unbelievably good now.

My Leon's gone over a snowy moor-road with Wintrac 2's without problem, including Thursday when the road had "Road Closed" signs up.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
where is everyone buying their tyres from? i've been looking online and cant find anywhere with my size. 205/40 or 45/17

mytyres do have 3 tyres but im trying to find a local place so i dont have to wait ages for them to be delivered.

Best bet is to look in the manual as it seems to vary from car to car and manufacturer to manufacturer.

My A3's for example run exactly the same pressures as the summer tyres, but I think SEAT recommend a higher pressure for winters.

My manual says normal pressure + 0.2 Bar.

Its odd...

Managed to convince a friend to get them on his 1 series, which are notoriously bad in snow, hes fitted 4 x Vredestein Wintrac 3 and its unbelievably good now.

My Leon's gone over a snowy moor-road with Wintrac 2's without problem, including Thursday when the road had "Road Closed" signs up.

I'm another convert after a trip over the North York Moors this week.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
mytyres do have 3 tyres but im trying to find a local place so i dont have to wait ages for them to be delivered.

Local dealers I have found are generally not interested.

A mate in the trade bought winter tyres last week for his Mrs' S60 and had a hell of a job from his normal UK suppliers - no good. Bought his from My tyres too.

My tyres/Delti com are fine and you should have them easily within a week. First class service in a Germanic fashion.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Or try BlackCircles or tyres-pneus-online, used both recently and both were a bit cheaper than mytyres.

willives

Apr 20, 2008
Wiltshire or Spain
I had a set of Bridgestone A001's fitted a few days ago. After being scrubbed in, they've been great. It is an all-season tyre, but the compound and tread pattern is biased towards the winter, not massively different tread pattern to the snow tyre. Drove 60 miles on wet tarmac, slush, and 3" deep snow, and it was great. Tried them in an icy car park this morning, and they had loads of grip. Definitely an option if you don't want a full winter tyre. 195/65/15 - £74 each.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Really need to get myself sorted with some now. Didn't have any confidence at all today in the snow, slush and ice on the standard 18s. I would've got some last month, but had to shell out on two new "summer tyres" for the front, so that put that plan on the back burner. Was temped by that deal by the Tyre Men with the 16 inch alloys, but they're now out of stock. Any other good package deals out there that you guys recommend?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.