Winter tyres

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Hmm.....£576 for 4 steelies and 4 Vredestein Snowtrak 3. That sounds not too bad, then I guess you've got to add in another wheel and tyre as a spare.

SimonM

I looked at that package too, does anyone know what price they were during the summer when winter wheels were not in so high a demand? Interesting to know how much high demand effects the price.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
They're starting to take the urine now because they know people really need snow tyres at this time of year. I was going to buy a couple for the front but I ended up buying Uniroyal Rainsport 2's instead and I have to admit, I'm well chuffed. I drove home last night about 1am through fresh snow, up and down some freaky hills, through drifts and on ice and thankfully made it. I live up the Angus glens in Scotland. Brrrrr.:)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Hmm.....£576 for 4 steelies and 4 Vredestein Snowtrak 3. That sounds not too bad, then I guess you've got to add in another wheel and tyre as a spare.

I paid £483 delivered for 4 steelies and 4 Dunlop Wintersport 3D a few month back in 205/55/16 so it seems like the prices have gone up a fair amount. :(

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
well I put Dunlops Winter M3 on FR yesterday (just as it started to snow!) and wow what a difference!

No problem with traction on snow what so ever. I'm really glad I got a set.

Last edited:

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
i'm just coming to the end of a week off and wish i'd got this done i.e. bought a steel wheel/tyre package and arranged delivery for my week off. i might just leave it this winter and buy in spring when prices will have dropped again.

Steve H

Used a small local independent near work, got them cheaper than I could online and got them fitted the next day. Stayed away from the big names as they either didnt have them in stock or wanted silly money. They deal with alot of heavy plant and farming vehicles and have sold alot more than last year.

Can't think why :confused:

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
This afternoons fun (with Vredestein's on their 4th winter):

P1020606_2.jpg

P1020612_2.jpg

P1020614_2.jpg

P1020619_2.jpg

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Lovely pics!

Glad I put the Vred Snowtrac 3's on the Mondy!

Mondeointhesnow.jpg

First experience of the Snowtracs & they haven't let me down.
Have Wintrac Extremes on the Leon & they're equally as good.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I paid £483 delivered for 4 steelies and 4 Dunlop Wintersport 3D a few month back in 205/55/16 so it seems like the prices have gone up a fair amount. :(

I might try and get some 2nd hand 16 inch alloys or steelies then and see if I can source some winter tyres from my usual tyre guy.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Driving with winters on and people think you're idiots.

Had a flash this morning after a straight line overtake on a long stretch.

I don't think Jo public realises how of an improvement they are.

Still no room for complacency and drive with care.